Brand NEW MFT craziness and right before vacation | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brand NEW MFT craziness and right before vacation

dismania

Reaction score
So, I have had lots of problems with H.A.L. (oops, I mean MyFord Touch), but I have been able to live with most of them. However, the most recent one has me scratching my head. I am 1 day away from leaving on a 3,000 mile+ trip for 3 weeks. All of a sudden the MFT system has decided to switch stations on my radio every 30 seconds or so. It is almost as if it is doing a scan of the channels. I do not have to have the MFT system on the entertainment screen for it to happen. I has changed stations on all inputs (AM, FM and Sirius), as well as switched inputs on me.

Even after turning the radio off, you could still here the "ding" from the system as if it was hitting a button.

We have had a heat wave here in town and temps were above 95 degrees. Maybe it was all heat related as today, it seemed to be behaving, (knock on wood), but this problem is just baffling to me.

I tried a master reset as well as pulling the fuse and disconnecting the battery. None of them seemed to have an immediate effect.

I'll keep everyone updated, but has anyone else experienced this issue?

Dismania

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So, I have had lots of problems with H.A.L. (oops, I mean MyFord Touch), but I have been able to live with most of them. However, the most recent one has me scratching my head. I am 1 day away from leaving on a 3,000 mile+ trip for 3 weeks. All of a sudden the MFT system has decided to switch stations on my radio every 30 seconds or so. It is almost as if it is doing a scan of the channels. I do not have to have the MFT system on the entertainment screen for it to happen. I has changed stations on all inputs (AM, FM and Sirius), as well as switched inputs on me.

Even after turning the radio off, you could still here the "ding" from the system as if it was hitting a button.

We have had a heat wave here in town and temps were above 95 degrees. Maybe it was all heat related as today, it seemed to be behaving, (knock on wood), but this problem is just baffling to me.

I tried a master reset as well as pulling the fuse and disconnecting the battery. None of them seemed to have an immediate effect.

I'll keep everyone updated, but has anyone else experienced this issue?

Dismania

Sounds like a stuck button maybe? Try pushing all the buttons, both on the steering wheel and the console stack to see if you can pop it out.

Isn't there an auto scan button on the screen. If it's lit up, turn it off.

Yikes- the second potential heat-related button issue.....

Back