Brand new wipers don't wipe! NO pressure against glass. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brand new wipers don't wipe! NO pressure against glass.

Joe's fix is the way to go. It worked on my rear wiper.

Joe,thanks for sharing it on the forum! :D

Dean
What is the fix? And can you guys translate it into English please? I'm new into the car repair game. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It’s explained pretty well in English. Did you actually go out and look at your rear wiper arm? The fix should be self evident when you are looking at it and read the post. You’ll need a file. The real problem is the bracket inside the hatch is flimsy and bends.

It’s explained pretty well in English. Did you actually go out and look at your rear wiper arm? The fix should be self evident when you are looking at it and read the post. You’ll need a file. The real problem is the bracket inside the hatch is flimsy and bends.
not yet. I created this account after dark.

not yet. I created this account after dark.
It’ll be pretty obvious what needs material taken off. There are two nubs that physically stop the arm.

The problem with this fix for the rear wiper is that if it pushes too hard against the glass, the blade will get caught in the gap at the bottom of the glass when trying to park and refuse to start going next time. It's a bad design any way one looks at it, and that's why every automaker switched to glass-mounted wiper a few years later.

I need to try this on my front wipers. They don’t press against the glass anymore, even with brand new ones.

Back