Brand new wipers don't wipe! NO pressure against glass. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Brand new wipers don't wipe! NO pressure against glass.

dicksong

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Denver
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
Joe's fix is the way to go. It worked on my rear wiper.

Joe,thanks for sharing it on the forum! :D

Dean
What is the fix? And can you guys translate it into English please? I'm new into the car repair game. Thanks!

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Mbrooks420

High Voltage.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer AWD
It’s explained pretty well in English. Did you actually go out and look at your rear wiper arm? The fix should be self evident when you are looking at it and read the post. You’ll need a file. The real problem is the bracket inside the hatch is flimsy and bends.

<

dicksong

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Denver
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
It’s explained pretty well in English. Did you actually go out and look at your rear wiper arm? The fix should be self evident when you are looking at it and read the post. You’ll need a file. The real problem is the bracket inside the hatch is flimsy and bends.
not yet. I created this account after dark.

<

Mbrooks420

High Voltage.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer AWD
not yet. I created this account after dark.
It’ll be pretty obvious what needs material taken off. There are two nubs that physically stop the arm.

<

1998Exp

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Seattle WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited V8 AWD
The problem with this fix for the rear wiper is that if it pushes too hard against the glass, the blade will get caught in the gap at the bottom of the glass when trying to park and refuse to start going next time. It's a bad design any way one looks at it, and that's why every automaker switched to glass-mounted wiper a few years later.

<

C420sailor

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT SOHC, 99 EB 5.0L
I need to try this on my front wipers. They don’t press against the glass anymore, even with brand new ones.

<