Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
www.brandysautobody.com

I met the owner, Brandon, at the sports bar in our town about a year ago. He lives in a tiny Arizona town, on a dirt road. Last place you would ever expect to find a first class Muscle Car restorer and Hot Rod builder.

Over the past year I've seen the '41 Plymouth project from beginning to end. They did an amazing job on that machine! A couple other projects I have been lucky enough to see are the '64 Ford Falcon, '67 Camaro, '57 Austin Healey Bugeye, and the beginnings of the '67 Camaro and '70 Chevelle.

Brandon was nice enough to offer his paint booth to me for my Dart project. I immediately took him up on that offer!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

www.brandysautobody.com
Brandon was nice enough to offer his paint booth to me for my Dart project. I immediately took him up on that offer!

Wait, does this mean the car is now over there getting paint???

He's got a real variety of projects on his site, but my fave is that '26 ratrod! :cool:

No, it's not there yet. It's available when I'm ready:chug:

I thought this story from his site was amazing... What are the odds!

This 1956 Crown Victoria has a nice story behind it. I got a call one day from a guy in Wickenburg. He asked me If I would like to restore a 1956 Crown Victoria. I have always loved these cars. In 1956 the owner bought this car for his wife as a birthday present. She only had it for 2 years and it was stolen. Many, many years went by and in 2002 he got a call from the sheriffs department in Florida. They asked him if he ever owned a 1956 ford. He thought about it for a moment and said, Oh yeah, I gave my wife one for her birthday in 1956 but it was stolen two years later. The officer informed him that a '56 ford had been found and that he was the last registered owner. the officer asked him if he would like the car back. Of course the owner asked what shape the car was in. The officer told him it was purple in color with a white tuck and rolled interior. The car was originally turquoise and white. The owner had the car hauled all the way back to AZ to our shop. He never mentioned anything to his wife. We quickly started on the car. When the restoration was finished we entered the car in one show. Which was the annual GoodGuys show here in AZ. It won first place in a stock class. We drove it from the show to the owners house. When he came to the door I winked at him and said "We have a delivery here for your wife" She was 74 years old at this time. I told her I had a birthday present for her. I had the keys in my hand. She walked out to the car and looked at it and said, "It looks like my old car." and that's when her husband took over and simply said happy birthday this is your old car. He told her the whole story, then the tears were flowing. Wonderful story isn't it?

Back