Wanted - Break Out Box (B.O.B) for Interceptor Utility | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted Break Out Box (B.O.B) for Interceptor Utility

Parts or services wanted
Hello! I'm looking for a Break Out Box (B.O.B) module for my PIU. The engineering part number for the module is MCGB53-14K131-AA. Any module fit this number after 2016 will works.

Have been looking around in multiple dealership but none of them have it.

Thanks,

Edited: Here's the photo of the module.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have not been able to find that part number anywhere. A Google Internet search comes up with "did you mean "FB53-14K131-AA" and Ford Parts does not show it saying it may be obsolete. Perhaps salvage yard??

Peter

I have not been able to find that part number anywhere. A Google Internet search comes up with "did you mean "FB53-14K131-AA" and Ford Parts does not show it saying it may be obsolete. Perhaps salvage yard??

Peter
This is the most tricky part. According to an engineer at the dealership, the number list on the part is actually engineering number, not actual part number, that's why it wouldn't hit any result in part search (or comes back incorrect part). He couldn't locate the actual part number on the retail end, so there is no way to order it from any dealership except maybe those whom contracted with the PDs. I couldn't find any PIU in the salvage yard nearby so no luck on that either. So now I'm just hoping someone with some extra module sitting in their PIU...

Service p/n is GB5Z-14A068-D. List price $78.55. According to my guy there is one in the national depot which takes approx 3 days to come in from where I am so any dealer should be able to special order it for you

Hello! I'm looking for a Break Out Box (B.O.B) module for my PIU. The engineering part number for the module is MCGB53-14K131-AA. Any module fit this number after 2016 will works.

Thanks,

That part is manufactured by Sound Off Signal, just FYI

$49.68 here;
I have ordered from a local dealer. Unfortunately that’s the wrong part. I contacted Ford fleet support and all of the staffs I talked to confirmed the part number is GB5Z-14A068-D. But I tried couple dealerships and all the ordered came back with wrong part. (And to be honest, I seriously doubt if a control module will be sold below $100). Seems like no luck for this part.

Thanks,

Hey,
Wondering what this part does. I have a 2017 PIU, I removed a ton of leftover wiring that were cut by dealer I purchased from. This box is one of the parts I removed. Did I remove something that is actually needed??lol

Hey,
Wondering what this part does. I have a 2017 PIU, I removed a ton of leftover wiring that were cut by dealer I purchased from. This box is one of the parts I removed. Did I remove something that is actually needed??lol
It's the controller box for the oem strobes that comes with the FPIU. Not anything useful for daily driving. Any chance you still have it somewhere in the garage? Although I don't have my PIU anymore, I'm still interested in getting one of this box as I'm playing with the electrical stuffs a lot.

It's the controller box for the oem strobes that comes with the FPIU. Not anything useful for daily driving. Any chance you still have it somewhere in the garage? Although I don't have my PIU anymore, I'm still interested in getting one of this box as I'm playing with the electrical stuffs a lot.
Yup, just found it in my garage. Hoarder? Nope, just knew it would come in handy someday, lol

Back