breaking in wet conditions water splashing upwards from front grill | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

breaking in wet conditions water splashing upwards from front grill

sterlinggold

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
I know it sounds weird and I'm ready for some meme shaming to come my way but when driving through wet/rainy conditions and breaking I see water splashing upwards from the front grill onto the hood. It's strange because as the ex slows down the splash intensity increases so it's as if something is blowing the water upwards. It's not an issue or problem just curious about this. I have a video recorder which I'll post later.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know it sounds weird and I'm ready for some meme shaming to come my way but when driving through wet/rainy conditions and breaking I see water splashing upwards from the front grill onto the hood. It's strange because as the ex slows down the splash intensity increases so it's as if something is blowing the water upwards. It's not an issue or problem just curious about this. I have a video recorder which I'll post later.
It is more than likely because when you are slowing down and braking, the water on the hood slides to the front of the hood and the air movement over the hood blows the water back. Not uncommon at all.

Peter

Back