BrianBuilt intake adapter with AEM Dryflow filter and Pre-filter
Dynomax cat back exhaust with
High flow cat
Spectre 3" Aluminum intake
BBK Throttle Body
5 speed manual trans With custom transmission mount
4.10 gears
Front D35 TTB, locked
Rear 8.8 with disc brakes, Powertrax No-slip locker, welded tubes to diff, Riddler Cover
Warn manual hubs
Manual BW1354 Transfer Case (swapped in)

Chassis & Suspension:
Skyjacker 2" coils and add a leafs
1" custom aluminum body lift
Quick disconnect front swaybar
Bilstein 5125s 10" shocks rear
Bilstein 5125s 10" shocks front
F250 Shock Tower Conversion
Custom Extended Radius Arms

Interior:
PRP daily driver seat
Cobra CB
E-track cargo tie down system
Lowrance HDS 5 Baja GPS for offroad explorations
Yaesu FT2800 HAM Radio

Wheels & Tires:
LT265/75R16 Dick Cepek Trail Country EXP tires (currently, Cooper STT and BFG MT in the past)
16" GenII teardrop wheels, formerly had 15" stock Gen II teardrop wheels

Misc:
Warn 9000lb multi mount winch with synthetic rope
Onboard Air using Viair 480c compressor and 2.5 gallon tank
Front diff guard from BrianBuilt
Rear u-bolt skid plates and raised shock mounts from BrianBuilt
Raised axle and t-case breathers
Custom Bolt-on Rock Sliders (version 2.0)
Custom Winch bumper
Custom rear bumper with tire carrier
9" Vision X ADV Cannons LED Lights (Old: 9" import LEDs and 7" HID Lights)
Reverse light
Pro-comp extended brake lines
9007 Headlight conversion
Fuel Pump Access Panel
Replacement Door Weatherstripping
Dual Batteries with auxillary fuse block
ARB Awning
ARB Fridge
Maxtrax Recovery Boards
Trasharoo Spare Tire Trash Bag

Project Super Stock

IMG_20170310_150924626_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170311_133734236.jpg

IMG_20200825_162657029.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice work:chug:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

No guesses so I will just put up some pictures. It is mounted to the crossmember just above and forward of the rear axle. Just enough room to squeeze in an Optima! I got the ground wired up but I have yet to hook up the rest of it. At least I could jump myself if I needed to with my own cables. I also put in some slightly taller rear axle bumpstops as an insurance policy for the rear axle making contact which I dont think will ever happen. I made an additional bracket off the shock crossmember to act as a stabilizer for the battery which is not pictured. I was worried about stress cracks from vibrations over washboard roads but now it is really solid and does not move at all.

Attachments

• m_DSC00395.jpg
    m_DSC00395.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 756
  • m_DSC00398.jpg
    m_DSC00398.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 744

I have done a little more to get the dual battery set up for use. I have all the cables ran except for the solenoid switch to charge it. I have a circuit breaker on order to protect the cable run from the front battery to the rear. Power is routed into the cab via a bulkhead stud and then to a 6 way fuse block. Plans are to run my CB, GPS, HAM radio and 2 12v outlets 1 of which is for the ARB fridge off the battery. Lights and OBA will remain on the starting battery for now.

Attachments

• m_DSC02768.jpg
    m_DSC02768.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,128
  • m_DSC02774.jpg
    m_DSC02774.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 701
  • m_DSC02775.jpg
    m_DSC02775.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 714
  • m_DSC02773.jpg
    m_DSC02773.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 1,127

Looks like a great set up:chug:

I like it, nice and clean. Where did you get the bulkhead fittings from? I got some from Summit once but you have to drill a pretty big hole to install them.

..Any pics of the in cab switch?...:scratch:

..Any pics of the in cab switch?...:scratch:

Havent got that far yet! Just finished wiring all the accessories just a little bit ago. Also I just installed a newer GPS so Im going to have to learn quick!

Im going to use a basic toggle switch wired to a ignition on source. I would like to put it just below the rear defroster and rear wiper switch but I dont know if I can drill through there - I havent been able to get my fingers behind it or remove that pannel.

..Really interested in what you are using as a "basic toggle switch" to toggle between the batteries..Are you also using a solenoid relay?

..BTW, if you are just storing that old pos baja gps, I could probably take it off your hands..You know, just trying to help you out and I've got the space..:D

That's so nice of you, Ted...

..Really interested in what you are using as a "basic toggle switch" to toggle between the batteries..Are you also using a solenoid relay?

Look a few posts up, 2nd picture down shows the solenoid. It is rated for constant duty. It only needs a little 12v current to it to connect it to the the front battery so just a basic toggle switch will do.

....BTW, if you are just storing that old pos baja gps, I could probably take it off your hands..You know, just trying to help you out and I've got the space..:D

Does Harley know how to use it? :D

I really liked the 540c but I found a really good deal on a newer HDS 5 Baja which doesnt require an external antenna which makes for a neater install in my Explorer. Sorry Ted but the 540c will still be in one of my other vehicles.

Brian,

What happens with the battery down there when you go through a deep water (or mud) crossing?

Brian,

What happens with the battery down there when you go through a deep water (or mud) crossing?

Then my Optima and pretty battery mount get dirty :p:

I dont think its an issue. First, its a sealed battery so nothing should get in or out. Second, I have been through lots of deep water over the years with my starter being below water (direct to battery) and front and rear winch quick connect power cables (always on, direct to battery) being submerged with no damages done to any of the electrical system.

And mud, well then I have bigger problems as it is higher than both the axle and most of the frame!

I guess I meant splashing mud...

It never fails - I go through 6" of mud, and the underside of my truck collects about 500 lbs. of the stuff. :eek:

..First...Harley has navigated for me for years so letting her use a GPS would be beneficial..:p:

Second...I didn't see any specs on the solenoid relay so thats why I missed it...It appears to look like my 200 amp Stinger solenoid relay on my Ranger but it could be another option if we knew the info/specs as I know you always find the cool stuff..:D

..And I was with Brian on his last deep water crossing..That battery is safe as Brian don't want to cross any more water...hahaha

..And I didn't even say anything about dimple dies...:scratch:..but it's simply amazing how many holes are in that battery box...:D

Thanks for the update reminder Colin, My auxillary battery system is still working great. I did mount the switch in the lower pannel under the headlight, defrost and rear wiper switches.

I also installed a rear hatch dome light bypass switch a while ago, here is the writeup on that: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360926

I also tore into the engine and removed the front timing cover since my gasket was leaking through the water pump passage which is common on the 4.0 ohv. Timing chain looked ok, I would have replaced it but no one had it in stock so I just put it back together with the new gasket. So far so good!

Nothing else new that I can think of, I have been out Exploring the trails and everything is working good.

Back