BrianBuilt intake adapter with AEM Dryflow filter and Pre-filter
Dynomax cat back exhaust with
High flow cat
Spectre 3" Aluminum intake
BBK Throttle Body
5 speed manual trans With custom transmission mount
4.10 gears
Front D35 TTB, locked
Rear 8.8 with disc brakes, Powertrax No-slip locker, welded tubes to diff, Riddler Cover
Warn manual hubs
Manual BW1354 Transfer Case (swapped in)

Chassis & Suspension:
Skyjacker 2" coils and add a leafs
1" custom aluminum body lift
Quick disconnect front swaybar
Bilstein 5125s 10" shocks rear
Bilstein 5125s 10" shocks front
F250 Shock Tower Conversion
Custom Extended Radius Arms

Interior:
PRP daily driver seat
Cobra CB
E-track cargo tie down system
Lowrance HDS 5 Baja GPS for offroad explorations
Yaesu FT2800 HAM Radio

Wheels & Tires:
LT265/75R16 Dick Cepek Trail Country EXP tires (currently, Cooper STT and BFG MT in the past)
16" GenII teardrop wheels, formerly had 15" stock Gen II teardrop wheels

Misc:
Warn 9000lb multi mount winch with synthetic rope
Onboard Air using Viair 480c compressor and 2.5 gallon tank
Front diff guard from BrianBuilt
Rear u-bolt skid plates and raised shock mounts from BrianBuilt
Raised axle and t-case breathers
Custom Bolt-on Rock Sliders (version 2.0)
Custom Winch bumper
Custom rear bumper with tire carrier
9" Vision X ADV Cannons LED Lights (Old: 9" import LEDs and 7" HID Lights)
Reverse light
Pro-comp extended brake lines
9007 Headlight conversion
Fuel Pump Access Panel
Replacement Door Weatherstripping
Dual Batteries with auxillary fuse block
ARB Awning
ARB Fridge
Maxtrax Recovery Boards
Trasharoo Spare Tire Trash Bag

Project Super Stock

IMG_20170310_150924626_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170311_133734236.jpg

IMG_20200825_162657029.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Battery is in and hooked up. Turned out good I think, install was a little tougher than with the Optima but not bad.

Also installed a Ford Motorsports rear sway bar I got recently on a parts Explorer. These were discontinued many years ago, I'll see if I like it or not and determine if it stays on or I go back to stock. (And yes, I run both swaybars on this Explorer for the stuff I do with it, my other one I don't)

IMG_20180802_132821663.jpg

IMG_20180802_141407602.jpg

IMG_20180802_154453173.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I got new lights! Read about it here: Vision X’s ADV Light Cannons Light Our Path to Adventure

They are VisionX 8.7" ADV lights and they are the best lights I have ever run on the front of the Explorer.

Also the new auxiliary battery has been working awesome, I am very pleased with it. The sway bar is slightly more noticeable on highway and I cant tell much of a difference on the dirt so I think I will leave it on.

It's funny I was just reading this article independent of you adding it here. I have the same old LED lights you use to have, but on my Super Duty. I really like the old round style on the square body trucks. The covers really do fade in the sun fast. Hopefully the new lights for you will fare much better. To be fare the headlights suck on these okd trucks.

Also on your remote battery, did you use a wiring kit or make your own?

Keep up the good work:thumbsup:

It's funny I was just reading this article independent of you adding it here. I have the same old LED lights you use to have, but on my Super Duty. I really like the old round style on the square body trucks. The covers really do fade in the sun fast. Hopefully the new lights for you will fare much better. To be fare the headlights suck on these okd trucks.

Also on your remote battery, did you use a wiring kit or make your own?

Keep up the good work:thumbsup:

Thanks! I made my own wiring with a constant duty solenoid, 2ga wires to the front using a big fuse at the main battery ("mega-fuse"?) and then 16ga wires from the solenoid to the dash switch to charge it.

The new light covers should be better because I think it is made of better material. You can buy new covers for those round LEDs like I used to use just prior to these ones on ebay, I did that about 6 months ago since mine were so yellowed.

Nice writeup. I like the shots from the drone :D

Sweet!!

Why 16 and not 17? Just curious. ... to little sidewall with 17?

Why 16 and not 17? Just curious. ... to little sidewall with 17?

Yes, sidewall height was the main issue. They didn't offer this tire in a 32 for a 15 or else I would have stayed with a 15. I've always wanted to try a hybrid AT/MT and the opportunity came up to try these out.

Skinny tires, huh?

I hope the taller tire does not rub on the front.

Don't forget to post some pictures of the new wheels on the truck!

I can now post more info about my new tires and wheels! Read about it here: Testing Dick Cepek’s New Trail Country EXP Tire

Petersens 4Wheel & Off-Road Tire and wheel issue will be out in another month or two.

Skinny tires, huh?

I hope the taller tire does not rub on the front.

Yeah skinny tires. I have been curious to test some out and maybe up my mileage as well (so far MPG has been about the same). Also been curious to test a hybrid at/mt tire and so far they have been good. Looking forward to getting them on some farther away destinations/trails. Tires are same height as my last 2 pair at 32". These don't rub on my radius arms anymore but they rub the inner fender I think because of the wheel backspacing. I may go to a 16" 2nd Gen wheel and all should be good.

Nice write up Brian. :dpchug: Covered all the basics, and then some. A 2 ply E rated Hybrid tire is pretty interesting.

Hybrids are the new "IT" tire to have these days. I like we have more choices now.

Back