Brian_B is elite finally. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brian_B is elite finally.

Hello all,

Well, I am finally among the elite of this site.

I purchased my explorer on January 8th, 2005.
It is completely stock (so far).

Specs:
2001 Explorer (4 door)
4X4 (control-trac)
4.0 SOHC
5R55E (Automatic)
4.10 (trac-lock)
Sport package
Front and side impact airbags.
Pretty well loaded, just not a limited and no sunroof. :(

Here is me with my X the day I bought it, after the 250 mile drive home:

33011me2.jpg

33011drivers.jpg

Two pics from the dealers lot:

33011ex4.jpg

33011ex_3.jpg

The leather interior:

33011front.jpg

33011rear.jpg

The dash:

33011dash.jpg

The engine:

33011engine.jpg

My first toy:

33011SCT.jpg

I need to change all fluids (everywhere) and check out the brakes soon.

Future mods? I do not want to lift it. (cringes and ducks)

Nothing drastic. I want to put a PML transmission pan, B&M trans cooler, B&M trans filter, and a B&M transmission temperature guage on next. Those will happen soon.

By next winter, I hope to at least have new AT tires (BFG AT/KOs and rock crawler streetlocks would be nice :) ). Tires maybe...wheels not likely.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:thumbsup: Congrats on becoming Elite,Brian...It was about time you spent some of that "moldy money" :D ......A buddy at work said that to me and made me laugh :p

You Xplorer looks really nice.......Is the chip upgrade a good thing? Was it worth the $$$$$!!!????

Mike

I have been wanting to for a while, but for unknow (to me) reasons my check was held up. I got it yesterday finally. My money is not here long enough to get moldy. :(

BBQ made me a good deal on the flasher. Doug did me right on the re-programming. I am very pleased with the results. My gas mileage has went down though. Not the flashers fault. Its my right foot causing it. :eek: :D :D

YAY! I became elite today also! Congrats on the explorer and hope to see many mods come your way.

:D Glad your $$$$ arrived Brian! I understand the heavy foot thing! I have come a long, long ways in regards to driving within the speed limits and engine limits :) I always had hopped up big block or small block V8s'.....The Man above has seen fit for me to only purchase V6 power plants in the last few years!! :p :D

Congrats Brian.

Way to step up and support the site, beautiful truck!
I have those same seats and that same leather jacket :)
I almost bought a gold 4 door too...hahahaha but the guy wouldnt budge on the price.

You have a very nice, and CLEAN explorer there dude!
Nice work.

Thanks guys. I love this website. I am very happy with the explorer. :) I searched for a while before I found one with the right price. I have driven it just over 5,500 miles since January and the only thing that had to be replaced was the windshield wiper blades. I drove my 89 ranger for 16 years and my brother has it now (183,000 and counting).

Don't get me wrong guys. I am older (38) and don't drive fast like I used to. I live in a rural area with a lot of hills and retired people. I pass quite often (heavy foot), otherwise I would never get anywhere.

BTW: Thats not a leather jacket. It fake suede (sp?). I just throw it in the washer when it gets dirty. :D

My 88 BII has 270K miles on her (well parts of her)
and some of us are "older" as well (me = 32)
I think I grew up here though.....

I want your seats when you are done with them,,,,,,,,,,,,

Back