BrianDye's '95 Sport Registry! | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BrianDye's '95 Sport Registry!

Traded my old 95 (4 Door) for a mint 2001 Taurus SES, loved the car, drove great, great on gas, but it made me realize, im an SUV dude, not a car dude. (Unless its a muscle car or something classic :p) I replied to a CL ad, about this 95 Explorer Sport, and the guy called me and told me about it. (There were no pics, nor information besides mileage, and that it needed nothing and ran great) I asked him if he wouldnt mind to email me some pictures of it before I come all that way up there (70mi) and he said he just put some on the ad, so I checked it out, and it looked like my 95's twin before I painted the stuff. One member on here pointed out that the last picture showed the top corners of the REAR doors, so I knew it was the wrong pictures. (I thought it was just the one, but they were all wrong)

So tonight I got there, (he brought it to his house because the dealer was already closed) and brought all the paperwork to transfer plates, and the title and whatnot, but I got there, and this thing was nothing what I expected, it was in MINT condition, chrome wheels shining like theyre brand new, paint looks no older than a year, and everything worked great, drove great, quiet exhaust, 4x4 works, all that good stuff, and only 138k miles. So we traded (signed all the papers, etc)

I cant get over how nice it is, theres nicer ones out there, but damn it wasnt what I was expecting haha.

Its got the stock JBL system, so its gonna be a PITA to put my system in!

SANY0380-1.jpg

SANY0381-1.jpg

SANY0382-1.jpg

(Snow)
SANY0385.jpg

SANY0388-1.jpg

SANY0390-1.jpg

SANY0391.jpg

SANY0392.jpg

I have NEVER in my life though seen such a DUSTY engine compartment
SANY0393.jpg

SANY0394-1.jpg

And I have never (even on newer cars) seen a functioning hood light!
SANY0399-1.jpg

AND a power antenna!!! (Dusty as hell on that side lol)
SANY0400-1.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

UPDATES:

Current Mods: (No order)

1. 3" off road lights behind the grille
2. 7 color changing LED bulbs in the reflectors on the door
3. 12" white LED strips (x4) to replace dome lighting
4. 36 LED reverse bulbs
5. 194 SMD LEDs in the gauge cluster, and temp. controls
6. Tinted taillights (Not the white part)
7. Removed roof rack (the bars, not the actual track yet)
8. Duralast Gold battery
9. Kinetik high power cell behind the backseats
10. Analog Voltimeter gauge in the center console
11. 194 SMD LEDs in the license plate lights
12. Scoche single din dash kit
13. Platimum Battery terminals
14. Removed CD changer
15. Became Elite!!!
16. Installed PAC Amp gain controller (Remote bass knob, uses RCA's) in the dash kit slot
17. Removed all dome light bulbs, still trying to figure something out for them...
18. Ran my own speaker wire until my wiring harness comes in the mail
19. Sanded & painted front wiper arms
20. Put SoundBox in the center console, mounted PS speaker behind grill (See page 4 video)
21. Added a Scosche In-line Noise Supressor (#ES034) Which eliminates bumps, and whining (interference) from speakers/subs etc
22. Ordered my Black Projector headlights! Hopefully ill have them by this week!

Future Mods:

1. 18/20 or 22" Rims
2. Lower 2"
3. Aftermarket CAI
4. Black 1 piece projectors w/ halos
5. 10,000k HIDs in the projectors
6. 10,000k HIDs in the fogs
7. Shave roof rack
8. Limo tint
9. Rear hatch update (98' Style hatch/tails)
10. Black altezza tails
11. LED taillights, and ALL blinkers/running lights
12. 16" flipdown monitor, or 2 10" flipdowns
13. Rust restoration
14. Heated mirrors w/ puddle lights (LED of course:D)
15. Paint the wiper valance
16. Newer style front bumper with cirlce fogs
17. Rollpan in back
18. Color changing underbody LED kit
19. HID Reverse lights!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well my first ever HID kit was from some jap company on eBay, 90$ kit, "10,000k" but no blue at all, just pure bright white.

Next kit for my 95, was the vvme.com 10,000k kit for like 44$ shipped, and looked more like 8000k, had a tid bit of blue, not much.

Final kit (X2, Xentec kit), 10,000k, normally 70$, and theyre blue as hell, but the quality of the kit is awesome, alot thicker wires, more insulation, stronger feeling clips, ballasts are literally silent, no whine like both other kits, and they light up pretty damn fast.

Im overall satisfied with the Xentec kit, but will probably be getting that pair of 6000k bulbs on CL I found (Brand new, never used HID bulbs H1), guy wants 20$ for em.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Oh yea, I'm not having him ship them lol, he did snap a few pics for me and they look the same, so I'll just plug my other ballasts in and have them ready to try

Well im deff. not gonna keep the 10,000k's that are in there now, because theyre blue as hell, and I figured since everyone says 5-6k are the brightest, ill get them for 20$ lol

Totally forgot to post pics of my tinted windows. I only got the backseat windows done, because like I said before, I have the ****ty privacy glass and I want them to look black when I get them tinted. Theres only one layer of 6% so far, until I go back this week to get another layer put on.

SANY0217.jpg

SANY0218-2.jpg

SANY0219-2.jpg

Also added white LED strips, same as my interiors, to the front, right under my headlights which looks hella cool at night, and its nice when im coming home at night, I dont have to have my spotlights shining on peoples houses haha, these strips light up my driveway perfectly

SANY0220-2.jpg

SANY0222-2.jpg

SANY0229-1.jpg

SANY0240-2.jpg

We were at meijers as usual haha, I needed shoelaces, but as usual I wondered over to the car section, and these foglights were on sale for 15$, I know theyre nothing special by any means, but theyre actually pretty damn bright and have a small hint of yellow to them, nothing like the ugly deep yellow HIDs or anything.

I wired them up and used the stock fog locations, and wiring, so I can use the stock switch, having them come on with my headlights.

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

In the pics those look really bright. Can you supply name/make and what you had to do to make them fit in stock location? Did you use stock brackets? Splice into factory wiring? Thanks, truck is looking Brian.

Thanks man, theyre just the "Pilot Brand" foglights, id have to go get the box in a few for the model numer.
What I actually did was finally got that lower valance on, and used the stock wiring (spliced into it), but I didnt really wanna use the stock mounts (Drilling into metal etc etc, as in long ammounts of time to mount one light thats not permanent), I used the foglight mounts and just mounted them right into the hole where the stock fog usually sits. These stick out about 2" farther than the stock fogs.

I just got up, but if you would like me to take some more detailed pics, I would in a little while....

**I say these arent permanent, because whenever I get my tax returns, im gonna order those Micro Projector fogs, and a 50w 6000k HID kit :D

**I say these arent permanent, because whenever I get my tax returns, im gonna order those Micro Projector fogs, and a 50w 6000k HID kit :D

if you're still planning on getting the 99+ bumper, you're wasting your money, as you won't be able to bring them over. If you're keeping your bumper, then you should be okay.

Justin

Noo, theyre just add on's like the ones I just put on, mount them anywhere lol, trust me ive taken all that into consideration :D

I am still looking for that bumper. When will I find it? WHO KNOWS :(

I finally found a deal with that Compaq monitor I had, I traded it for a brand new Python 990 Alarm/Remote start system, but it just needs a key fob.

Im gonna hopefully order one by this weekend, and then go pricing to see what shop had the cheapest rates.

:D

looks good brian keep up good work

Thanks again sam haha,

I finally got my federal tax return check today for 250$ (Probably doesnt sound like much to you guys LOL but for me its alot :D)

So I went out asap and finally got my belt tensioner, started at about 10:30pm, and literally had it swapped out and finished by 10:48, I was damn happy :D.

Did they have 2 different engines in the 95's? The last 95 I had, the belt route was so much different, and the tensioner pulley was smooth, rather than grooved like my current one.

What are some cheap performance mods you guys might reccomend? (Just a 4.0 stocker) not looking todo any crazy headers, or anything expensive, but along the lines of about 230$ and less lol.

it's not 230, but i would suggest going for a tuner, I think that will be on my list as soon as i get it lifted and potentially locked. But if you do that it will wake up your truck as far as shift points and everything. From everyone on here that has gotten one, it's an extremely well worth mod. should run you around 380 shipped.

Justin

it's not 230, but i would suggest going for a tuner, I think that will be on my list as soon as i get it lifted and potentially locked. But if you do that it will wake up your truck as far as shift points and everything. From everyone on here that has gotten one, it's an extremely well worth mod. should run you around 380 shipped.

Justin

He is a 95, so it was the year they crossed over to OBD-II, but i've heard it wasn't really a true OBD-II, it was kind of a combo of I and II. I'm not sure if that would change anything regarding the use of a tuner because i dont think you can tune the OBD-I.

Vince is right about the crossover stuff so him being able to tune his truck is questionable that he'd have to research on here to see if its been done to a 95, because the OBDII port in the 95's are non functional, they have a couple wires running to them but non functional.

Yea I was gonna ask about that, since I went to AZ once for a code check and the port fitted fine, but wouldnt give out any readings.

Ive deff. heard great about those tunes, but 380$ is too high for me lol, thats something ill deff. keep in mind for in the future when I get a 5.0 Explorer :D (Having a fulltime job, graduated, etc etc so not really anytime soon :p:)

Any other ideas?

Or possibly, how much would it cost me to drop it about 2" said and done?

Also, what parts do I need todo that?

I dont wanna slam it, but a nice 2-3" drop would be perfect

Well for a 2inch drop the front can be done the same as a lift on the ifs so just unscrew the torsion bar bolts some but just like the lift when you use the 4wd in the winter chances are it may cause excess wear on the cv's. and you could get lift blocks for the rear but that's going to force the leaf spring and bolts closer to the ground, not sure if they make shorter shackles for lowering or not, you may want to search for that as it would be better than blocks.

Back