BrianDye's '95 Sport Registry! | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BrianDye's '95 Sport Registry!

Traded my old 95 (4 Door) for a mint 2001 Taurus SES, loved the car, drove great, great on gas, but it made me realize, im an SUV dude, not a car dude. (Unless its a muscle car or something classic :p) I replied to a CL ad, about this 95 Explorer Sport, and the guy called me and told me about it. (There were no pics, nor information besides mileage, and that it needed nothing and ran great) I asked him if he wouldnt mind to email me some pictures of it before I come all that way up there (70mi) and he said he just put some on the ad, so I checked it out, and it looked like my 95's twin before I painted the stuff. One member on here pointed out that the last picture showed the top corners of the REAR doors, so I knew it was the wrong pictures. (I thought it was just the one, but they were all wrong)

So tonight I got there, (he brought it to his house because the dealer was already closed) and brought all the paperwork to transfer plates, and the title and whatnot, but I got there, and this thing was nothing what I expected, it was in MINT condition, chrome wheels shining like theyre brand new, paint looks no older than a year, and everything worked great, drove great, quiet exhaust, 4x4 works, all that good stuff, and only 138k miles. So we traded (signed all the papers, etc)

I cant get over how nice it is, theres nicer ones out there, but damn it wasnt what I was expecting haha.

Its got the stock JBL system, so its gonna be a PITA to put my system in!

SANY0380-1.jpg

SANY0381-1.jpg

SANY0382-1.jpg

(Snow)
SANY0385.jpg

SANY0388-1.jpg

SANY0390-1.jpg

SANY0391.jpg

SANY0392.jpg

I have NEVER in my life though seen such a DUSTY engine compartment
SANY0393.jpg

SANY0394-1.jpg

And I have never (even on newer cars) seen a functioning hood light!
SANY0399-1.jpg

AND a power antenna!!! (Dusty as hell on that side lol)
SANY0400-1.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

UPDATES:

Current Mods: (No order)

1. 3" off road lights behind the grille
2. 7 color changing LED bulbs in the reflectors on the door
3. 12" white LED strips (x4) to replace dome lighting
4. 36 LED reverse bulbs
5. 194 SMD LEDs in the gauge cluster, and temp. controls
6. Tinted taillights (Not the white part)
7. Removed roof rack (the bars, not the actual track yet)
8. Duralast Gold battery
9. Kinetik high power cell behind the backseats
10. Analog Voltimeter gauge in the center console
11. 194 SMD LEDs in the license plate lights
12. Scoche single din dash kit
13. Platimum Battery terminals
14. Removed CD changer
15. Became Elite!!!
16. Installed PAC Amp gain controller (Remote bass knob, uses RCA's) in the dash kit slot
17. Removed all dome light bulbs, still trying to figure something out for them...
18. Ran my own speaker wire until my wiring harness comes in the mail
19. Sanded & painted front wiper arms
20. Put SoundBox in the center console, mounted PS speaker behind grill (See page 4 video)
21. Added a Scosche In-line Noise Supressor (#ES034) Which eliminates bumps, and whining (interference) from speakers/subs etc
22. Ordered my Black Projector headlights! Hopefully ill have them by this week!

Future Mods:

1. 18/20 or 22" Rims
2. Lower 2"
3. Aftermarket CAI
4. Black 1 piece projectors w/ halos
5. 10,000k HIDs in the projectors
6. 10,000k HIDs in the fogs
7. Shave roof rack
8. Limo tint
9. Rear hatch update (98' Style hatch/tails)
10. Black altezza tails
11. LED taillights, and ALL blinkers/running lights
12. 16" flipdown monitor, or 2 10" flipdowns
13. Rust restoration
14. Heated mirrors w/ puddle lights (LED of course:D)
15. Paint the wiper valance
16. Newer style front bumper with cirlce fogs
17. Rollpan in back
18. Color changing underbody LED kit
19. HID Reverse lights!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Or possibly, how much would it cost me to drop it about 2" said and done?

Also, what parts do I need todo that?

I dont wanna slam it, but a nice 2-3" drop would be perfect

dropping it would be extremely easy, and would only cost you about an alignment.

If you have the mono leaf, you can take the "leaf blocks" that they put in there so they could use the same U-bolt, and put them on top of the leaf and that will drop it an inch or two, which would be a starting point, and then the front you just bottom out the torsion screws and see what it looks like there and you need an alignment.
I may go this route... but i kinda messed everything up by taking my trim and such off so we'll see.

and Glen- I don't think it would be that bad for the leaf springs to be closer to the ground because they are attached to the axle, but it shouldn't be that hard for you to make a shackle that is 4 inches long as opposed to 10 like the warrior, and with what i said to do, it doesn't change anything out of stock as far as ground clearance.

Justin

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Is it hard to get it aligned though since it won't be stock specs? I thought I could have my friends do it in the autoshop at school, but they said the teacher won't touch it unless it's stock because they go by computer measurements or something.

Where can I get blocks at? I can't fab up my own shackles either, I have no way of welding them plus I don't trust myself with a serious part like that LOL

Are these the blocks I'd need?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3068wt_948

Cant beat that for 20$ I wonder how much alignments are, I'm scared though now too, lowering it will put more stress on the parts down there? I use my 4x4 a decent ammount in the winter

I found a set of lowering blocks, and U-bolts/new nuts/washers (All-in-one) pack, 3", 2", and 1" block kits to lower/lift leaf springs, I believe it was 29$ so ill keep that in mind when I lower it, I almost bought it the other day, but I dont know what the hell todo in the front. Id like to get a set of bigger rims first, I hate lowered vehicles with stock wheels, unless theyre stock 20's or something.

Oh and by the way, todays my 18th birthday :D

I found a set of lowering blocks, and U-bolts/new nuts/washers (All-in-one) pack, 3", 2", and 1" block kits to lower/lift leaf springs, I believe it was 29$ so ill keep that in mind when I lower it, I almost bought it the other day, but I dont know what the hell todo in the front. Id like to get a set of bigger rims first, I hate lowered vehicles with stock wheels, unless theyre stock 20's or something.

Oh and by the way, todays my 18th birthday :D

Happy birthday!

The front is really easy, you basically do the reverse of a TT for off roading, you back out the bolts and it should drop you up to two inches. so all you really need is the alignment.

Happy birthday!

Thanks guys!

My uncle had a train horn setup in his LS, ive always wanted one, but never actually thought id get it, being that the good compressor/tank setups are about 250-300$, and the good horns (I thought) were $250+, but he upgraded his 300$ tank setup to a nicer one but used his horns, so he had the extra tank, (W/ compressor) and hes been telling me he'd sell it to me for 100$ otherwise he would put it on eBay for 2, and he just bought a new house, so he gave it to me today free just to help him move about 20 boxes into and out of the trailer :D

He told me to check out the horns they have at Pilot (Truck stop) and I ended up getting them (149$) Theres 3 of them, WITH the solenoid built in which is usually around 35$ seperate.

I went to lowes with the 2, and got all the fittings, and airline I needed, and got home and got to work...its SO loud, I honestly thought it was gonna be LOUD, but not even half this loud lol.

Ive been out there for 3 hours installing everything, and im down to (mounting) the 2 switches. (1 to control wether or not the tank has power to fill, and the other to honk).

I gave up for the night, everything wired/mounted etc, I just gotta mount the 2 switches tomorrow.

I was too lazy to go get my digital cam, so heres a few iPhone teasers :p:
IMG_0758.jpg

The pic makes them look small, they are over a foot in length, and about 25 lbs

IMG_0757.jpg

So far for now, the switch inside the console turns the compressor on, and the switch by the cup holders opens the solenoid to let the air through (to honk)

IMG_0760.jpg

Haha no worries man no worries....everyone loves it so far :D lmao

Happy birthday brian u should post a sound clip of ur air horns

Thanks man! I will for sure try tomorrow.

They werent running but more than about 100psi today, since the air hose wasnt completely tight on the outlet, now I got some hose clamps and its running at full 150psi and its amazing! Lol I made my friend at work choke on his cigar hahaha

did u get sound clip

Sorry man not yet, I gotta find a place far away from homes todo it, I refuse to blow it around my neighborhood lol, just out of common courtesy.

Plus ive been working EVERYDAY, on top of that, had to get my tux fitted and everything for saturday which is prom, I cant wait til this weeks over, its been hell haha.

Heres a quick one, I realized my cam was in the glovebox so when I was going to get the corsage thing, I shot a QUICK video, the tank wasnt fully aired up yet, so theyre a little louder than this, plus my ac was on, and it was windy as hell outside.

I strongly reccomend trying that "Ice" liquid polish, it made my explorer look so damn good, (It was our ride to prom), so i spent the morning yesterday waxing and polishing it. (Well I only waxed the hood, in hopes of bringing it back to shine)

SANY0280-3.jpg

SANY0279-3.jpg

SANY0278-3.jpg

SANY0277-2.jpg

SANY0275-2.jpg

SANY0273-2.jpg

This is 15 year old ORIGINAL paint! No sanding, no buffing, no nothing besides a wash, and "ICE" Liquid Polish.
SANY0272-3.jpg

SANY0269-3.jpg

SANY0268-3.jpg

This is almost 48 hours later, and about 100 miles later haha. I gave it another coat of the ICE today though, it even makes the plastic on the mirrors, and the trim around the windows look brand new, doesnt leave any white residue, none of that.

Its 13$ for a big bottle, terry cloth, and applicator pad kit at meijers on sale right now, its a great product for sure:thumbsup:

Sure looks shiny. I was given a bottle of the stuff last year. I think I will give i a try.

Yea man im always sketchy about that kinda stuff working or not, but this crap works wonders

looks good brian and nice train horn sound too

Thanks man....again
haha
:D

hey section what did u edit on my post

Looks like it gave the truck a nice shine. I know for prom I waxed my 92 sport, cleaned the wheels and put tire shine on it and looked like a new truck.

Back