BrianDye's '95 Sport Registry! | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BrianDye's '95 Sport Registry!

Traded my old 95 (4 Door) for a mint 2001 Taurus SES, loved the car, drove great, great on gas, but it made me realize, im an SUV dude, not a car dude. (Unless its a muscle car or something classic :p) I replied to a CL ad, about this 95 Explorer Sport, and the guy called me and told me about it. (There were no pics, nor information besides mileage, and that it needed nothing and ran great) I asked him if he wouldnt mind to email me some pictures of it before I come all that way up there (70mi) and he said he just put some on the ad, so I checked it out, and it looked like my 95's twin before I painted the stuff. One member on here pointed out that the last picture showed the top corners of the REAR doors, so I knew it was the wrong pictures. (I thought it was just the one, but they were all wrong)

So tonight I got there, (he brought it to his house because the dealer was already closed) and brought all the paperwork to transfer plates, and the title and whatnot, but I got there, and this thing was nothing what I expected, it was in MINT condition, chrome wheels shining like theyre brand new, paint looks no older than a year, and everything worked great, drove great, quiet exhaust, 4x4 works, all that good stuff, and only 138k miles. So we traded (signed all the papers, etc)

I cant get over how nice it is, theres nicer ones out there, but damn it wasnt what I was expecting haha.

Its got the stock JBL system, so its gonna be a PITA to put my system in!

SANY0380-1.jpg

SANY0381-1.jpg

SANY0382-1.jpg

(Snow)
SANY0385.jpg

SANY0388-1.jpg

SANY0390-1.jpg

SANY0391.jpg

SANY0392.jpg

I have NEVER in my life though seen such a DUSTY engine compartment
SANY0393.jpg

SANY0394-1.jpg

And I have never (even on newer cars) seen a functioning hood light!
SANY0399-1.jpg

AND a power antenna!!! (Dusty as hell on that side lol)
SANY0400-1.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

UPDATES:

Current Mods: (No order)

1. 3" off road lights behind the grille
2. 7 color changing LED bulbs in the reflectors on the door
3. 12" white LED strips (x4) to replace dome lighting
4. 36 LED reverse bulbs
5. 194 SMD LEDs in the gauge cluster, and temp. controls
6. Tinted taillights (Not the white part)
7. Removed roof rack (the bars, not the actual track yet)
8. Duralast Gold battery
9. Kinetik high power cell behind the backseats
10. Analog Voltimeter gauge in the center console
11. 194 SMD LEDs in the license plate lights
12. Scoche single din dash kit
13. Platimum Battery terminals
14. Removed CD changer
15. Became Elite!!!
16. Installed PAC Amp gain controller (Remote bass knob, uses RCA's) in the dash kit slot
17. Removed all dome light bulbs, still trying to figure something out for them...
18. Ran my own speaker wire until my wiring harness comes in the mail
19. Sanded & painted front wiper arms
20. Put SoundBox in the center console, mounted PS speaker behind grill (See page 4 video)
21. Added a Scosche In-line Noise Supressor (#ES034) Which eliminates bumps, and whining (interference) from speakers/subs etc
22. Ordered my Black Projector headlights! Hopefully ill have them by this week!

Future Mods:

1. 18/20 or 22" Rims
2. Lower 2"
3. Aftermarket CAI
4. Black 1 piece projectors w/ halos
5. 10,000k HIDs in the projectors
6. 10,000k HIDs in the fogs
7. Shave roof rack
8. Limo tint
9. Rear hatch update (98' Style hatch/tails)
10. Black altezza tails
11. LED taillights, and ALL blinkers/running lights
12. 16" flipdown monitor, or 2 10" flipdowns
13. Rust restoration
14. Heated mirrors w/ puddle lights (LED of course:D)
15. Paint the wiper valance
16. Newer style front bumper with cirlce fogs
17. Rollpan in back
18. Color changing underbody LED kit
19. HID Reverse lights!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man it kills me to say this, I love my explorer more than just about anything (Besides my girlfriend haha) but we moved basically on the opposite side of town now, and im literally going through a tank of gas (39$) every 3 days now. I cannot keep her if its gonna stay like that, with my little 100$ checks, theyre going ALL to gas, our 2 year anniversary is on tuesday, and im going ring shopping, but I cant until I fill up once again, and get my check from work later, hoping its at least 100$ :(

I was looking on the bright side, hey I can possibly sell/trade it and get a nice car thats good on gas, etc, a little faster, 4 doors, but then all I can think about is how im gonna kick the sh*t out of myself next winter when I dont have 4x4, AWD etc :(

Losing the cargo area isnt much of a concern to me, along with towing capabilities, because I rarely have anything that wouldnt fit in a trunk, ive never pulled a trailer, however I have pulled out about 6 stuck trucks and suv's, along with pulling my buddies lifted F150 on 40's home the other day which was pretty cool :D

What the hell should I do? :(

I was just actually this weekend hoping to change the plugs, wires, and fuel filter, maybe that will help, ill probably get an air filter too. (Moms bf's buying, and helping me, as part of a late birthday present)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Sounds like you need a new job.

I am getting a raise, more hours, and a new position in the next month or so, but filling up that much is just completely out of the question either way, the distances im driving, I shouldnt be filling up more than once a week, give or take a quarter tank.

I am glad you can get a full tank for $39. Down here it costs me about $45 to fill up 16.5 gallons. From where I am standing it sounds like the Ex is doing its job. Maybe change your driving style?:dunno:

I remember when I was filling up twice a week and costing $75.00 per tank, it took half my paycheck. Try starting out slowly, just slowly ease on the gas, keep your oil changed regularly, proper psi in your tires. Ask your mother to trade you vehicles through your working days and just keep her car gassed up it may save ya a little assuming she drives a 4 or 6cyl car.

Nope she has the V8 LS lol, but ive been trying to drive way lighter, and for the most part have, but there are times when I just cant take being behind a jackass so I have to get around them...Im only doing 60 on the highway even LOL!

(I get 50 cents off gas at work, that might be why, well it is why, because I went to TA the other day and filled up from like still having about an eighth of a tank, and it was like 41.50$ or something.)

Heres some good new pics I snapped of her at the wash.

SANY0285-2.jpg

SANY0287-2.jpg

SANY0293-2.jpg

SANY0291-3.jpg

Heres my rear windows tinted, dont know if I ever posted pics of that? I think I did, but they werent dried yet, so they werent fully dark lol
SANY0296-2.jpg

nice x brian keep up good work

Not really gonna be any work done anytime soon man lol moneys toooo tight

Yea guys I literally was getting down to dollars left from each check. Almost a quarter tank a day just going to the basics, WITHOUT going other places.

Big Blacks still around, I see her everyday, (I traded with a friend of mine), and I also got a few hundred bucks in the deal.

I promise one day I will be back on here, most likely when I change over to full time, and have a steady ammount coming in, id like to get a 98 or 99' Explorer. But for now, I settled for a Grand Am GT, which I cannot lie, its a great car. I went 102 miles after a fillup, and didnt use but barely over an 8th of a tank. MUCH better throttle response too lol.

Just to clear it up though, this deff. wasnt a trade out of being bored of my Explorer, I loved that thing dearly, and miss it everyday, I just couldnt keep up on gas with it with what I drive daily now. Insurance is almost 200$ cheaper too! An 8 year newer vehicle is cheaper....who would have thought that??

Traded my old 95 (4 Door) for a mint 2001 Taurus SES, loved the car, drove great, great on gas, but it made me realize, im an SUV dude, not a car dude.

What happened to this?

Also are you going to pay back the guy who PAYED for YOUR elite membership? You didn't hardly use it.

You go through cars faster than some people do with underwear. All of us were hoping you would stick with something and tried to be supportive, but you did it again. Good luck on trying to get help from any other members on this site. You have definitely worn out your welcome and our patience.

Are you gonna pay for me to have an Explorer? Cus if so, ill sell this car and get one.

Like I said, I DIDNT GET RID OF IT BECAUSE I WAS BORED/DIDNT WANT IT ANYMORE, I COULDNT AFFORD TO KEEP IT!

Sorry that my choices offend everyone on the site.

Are you gonna pay for me to have an Explorer? Cus if so, ill sell this car and get one.

Like I said, I DIDNT GET RID OF IT BECAUSE I WAS BORED/DIDNT WANT IT ANYMORE, I COULDNT AFFORD TO KEEP IT!

Sorry that my choices offend everyone on the site.

I don't care if it was an Explorer, or even Ford. YOU CAN"T STICK WITH ANYTHING!

Look, we have warned you, told you, advised you every time you have asked for it. You disregard it and go your own way. Fine, your choice. But you don't leave it there. You come back and complain about everything that is wrong with your current vehicle.

Let's see

92 Explorer - Great vehicle, but starting to rust.
95 Explorer - Loved the look of an explorer and the 4x4, but wanted an LS.
Lincoln LS - Took out a loan, said it was the best car in the world, but it had transmission problems
01 Taurus - Excellent gas saver loved the pep, but you wanted an Explorer again.
95 Explorer Sport - Got an Explorer that you liked, but you couldn't afford the gas.
Pontiac Grand Am - Love the sporty look and the gas efficiency, but...

Startin' to see a pattern? (I wonder if you'll read this far since you have this habit about not reading long posts)

Also, you have lied about your vehicle when selling it, misrepresented it, and manipulated people. You thought you could get way with it in the Lincoln forums, but you got busted. You tried coming back here and somebody graciously bought you an elite membership. If I was in such a position I would be tremendously embarrassed, but you, no. Fa-da-la-de-la, its the order of things in Brian Dye's world. "Oh my, thank you for paying my Elite membership for me so everybody on the forum will stop asking why I have never contributed in nearly 2 years." Oh, come on...

We have tried being nice and supportive, but every decision you have made has gone from bad to worse. I have never seen you contribute anything to this site, EVER! EF has been there for you, everybody has, TWICE, and you continue to screw us with your "give me, give me" attitude.

Kid, you are a real piece of work. I hope one day you get enough maturity and common sense to see how badly you have screwed yourself up.

It's a good thing we have great mods or else you would have been banned already.

I don't care if it was an Explorer, or even Ford. YOU CAN"T STICK WITH ANYTHING!

Look, we have warned you, told you, advised you every time you have asked for it. You disregard it and go your own way. Fine, your choice. But you don't leave it there. You come back and complain about everything that is wrong with your current vehicle.

Let's see

92 Explorer - Great vehicle, but starting to rust.
95 Explorer - Loved the look of an explorer and the 4x4, but wanted an LS.
Lincoln LS - Took out a loan, said it was the best car in the world, but it had transmission problems
01 Taurus - Excellent gas saver loved the pep, but you wanted an Explorer again.
95 Explorer Sport - Got an Explorer that you liked, but you couldn't afford the gas.
Pontiac Grand Am - Love the sporty look and the gas efficiency, but...

Startin' to see a pattern? (I wonder if you'll read this far since you have this habit about not reading long posts)

Also, you have lied about your vehicle when selling it, misrepresented it, and manipulated people. You thought you could get way with it in the Lincoln forums, but you got busted. You tried coming back here and somebody graciously bought you an elite membership. If I was in such a position I would be tremendously embarrassed, but you, no. Fa-da-la-de-la, its the order of things in Brian Dye's world. "Oh my, thank you for paying my Elite membership for me so everybody on the forum will stop asking why I have never contributed in nearly 2 years." Oh, come on...

We have tried being nice and supportive, but every decision you have made has gone from bad to worse. I have never seen you contribute anything to this site, EVER! EF has been there for you, everybody has, TWICE, and you continue to screw us with your "give me, give me" attitude.

Kid, you are a real piece of work. I hope one day you get enough maturity and common sense to see how badly you have screwed yourself up.

It's a good thing we have great mods or else you would have been banned already.

you also forgot how he trashed EF on other sites as well. you know, just want to add that, that's all.

Maybe you could have read through the late Aldive's thread (quest for 30) and used the money you spent on LEDS, HIDS, ice cream man song thingies, air horns, sound system, etc. on getting your truck as fuel efficient as possible :thumbsup:
But oh well, I really did like this truck

Maybe you could have read through the late Aldive's thread (quest for 30) and used the money you spent on LEDS, HIDS, ice cream man song thingies, air horns, sound system, etc. on getting your truck as fuel efficient as possible :thumbsup:
But oh well, I really did like this truck

With all due respect, if I wanted a car to replace an Explorer and fuel efficiency was a goal, I can think of a lot of cars I'd take over a Grand Am. Some of them even have a Blue Oval in the grille. :)

FWIW, I test drove a new Grand Am several years ago and considered getting one and ended up with a Contour SVT instead. 'Nuff said.

Back