BrianDye's '95 Sport Registry! | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BrianDye's '95 Sport Registry!

Traded my old 95 (4 Door) for a mint 2001 Taurus SES, loved the car, drove great, great on gas, but it made me realize, im an SUV dude, not a car dude. (Unless its a muscle car or something classic :p) I replied to a CL ad, about this 95 Explorer Sport, and the guy called me and told me about it. (There were no pics, nor information besides mileage, and that it needed nothing and ran great) I asked him if he wouldnt mind to email me some pictures of it before I come all that way up there (70mi) and he said he just put some on the ad, so I checked it out, and it looked like my 95's twin before I painted the stuff. One member on here pointed out that the last picture showed the top corners of the REAR doors, so I knew it was the wrong pictures. (I thought it was just the one, but they were all wrong)

So tonight I got there, (he brought it to his house because the dealer was already closed) and brought all the paperwork to transfer plates, and the title and whatnot, but I got there, and this thing was nothing what I expected, it was in MINT condition, chrome wheels shining like theyre brand new, paint looks no older than a year, and everything worked great, drove great, quiet exhaust, 4x4 works, all that good stuff, and only 138k miles. So we traded (signed all the papers, etc)

I cant get over how nice it is, theres nicer ones out there, but damn it wasnt what I was expecting haha.

Its got the stock JBL system, so its gonna be a PITA to put my system in!

SANY0380-1.jpg

SANY0381-1.jpg

SANY0382-1.jpg

(Snow)
SANY0385.jpg

SANY0388-1.jpg

SANY0390-1.jpg

SANY0391.jpg

SANY0392.jpg

I have NEVER in my life though seen such a DUSTY engine compartment
SANY0393.jpg

SANY0394-1.jpg

And I have never (even on newer cars) seen a functioning hood light!
SANY0399-1.jpg

AND a power antenna!!! (Dusty as hell on that side lol)
SANY0400-1.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

UPDATES:

Current Mods: (No order)

1. 3" off road lights behind the grille
2. 7 color changing LED bulbs in the reflectors on the door
3. 12" white LED strips (x4) to replace dome lighting
4. 36 LED reverse bulbs
5. 194 SMD LEDs in the gauge cluster, and temp. controls
6. Tinted taillights (Not the white part)
7. Removed roof rack (the bars, not the actual track yet)
8. Duralast Gold battery
9. Kinetik high power cell behind the backseats
10. Analog Voltimeter gauge in the center console
11. 194 SMD LEDs in the license plate lights
12. Scoche single din dash kit
13. Platimum Battery terminals
14. Removed CD changer
15. Became Elite!!!
16. Installed PAC Amp gain controller (Remote bass knob, uses RCA's) in the dash kit slot
17. Removed all dome light bulbs, still trying to figure something out for them...
18. Ran my own speaker wire until my wiring harness comes in the mail
19. Sanded & painted front wiper arms
20. Put SoundBox in the center console, mounted PS speaker behind grill (See page 4 video)
21. Added a Scosche In-line Noise Supressor (#ES034) Which eliminates bumps, and whining (interference) from speakers/subs etc
22. Ordered my Black Projector headlights! Hopefully ill have them by this week!

Future Mods:

1. 18/20 or 22" Rims
2. Lower 2"
3. Aftermarket CAI
4. Black 1 piece projectors w/ halos
5. 10,000k HIDs in the projectors
6. 10,000k HIDs in the fogs
7. Shave roof rack
8. Limo tint
9. Rear hatch update (98' Style hatch/tails)
10. Black altezza tails
11. LED taillights, and ALL blinkers/running lights
12. 16" flipdown monitor, or 2 10" flipdowns
13. Rust restoration
14. Heated mirrors w/ puddle lights (LED of course:D)
15. Paint the wiper valance
16. Newer style front bumper with cirlce fogs
17. Rollpan in back
18. Color changing underbody LED kit
19. HID Reverse lights!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not bashin GM but the new at the time 1991 Grand Am is what pushed me to buy my first Ford. Quad 4 head gasket blown on highway, left stranded, within 15,000 miles. Dealer tried charging $500 after fixing known recall (claimed towing, plugs, wires, coolant etc wasnt covered).... Had to contact GM. It was covered... Obviously.

Then the vehicle had "delamination of clearcoat"... Had it repainted. Covered after way too much hassle with GM and same stealership... Then it started to rust. Then within 3 years the muffler system rusted out. I also think the interior was made and designed by Fisher Price.

Anyway, last new GM I have ever had the non pleasure of having. What a Big POS.

New Camaro is really making me want to own another Government Motors though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New Camaro is really making me want to own another Government Motors though.

Until this?

I was thinking 'well yeah, there was a jump on the first race...' Until the second race looked exactly the same with a perfect start.

I dig the front of the Camaro- the back just looks horrid to me. Fortunately, all I'm going to see of them is the front- in the rear-view... :D

I think the only government motor worth considering would be a suburban or full size van. Those I think are the best two vehicles that GM does best or maybe better than anyone else.

Gm had always done the suburban right, for decades, ford has just recently jumped on the scene, and up until just a couple years ago, the expedition was still not match for the suburban. I always thought it was a bit stupid of Ford to build the expedition to compete with the 'burb, only they thought "hey, lets make it 3 feet shorter so when the 3rd row is up there is no trunk and when there is a trunk there is no 3rd row! how awesome would that be"- thats must be what the engineers thought. The gm vans have barn doors on both sides and it is much more difficult to enter and exit the barn doors on fords than it is on GMs. I have also never liked the look of the extended ford vans with the short wheelbase, gm did the extended vans right, they stretched the wheelbase to make them safer.

Plus the suburban rear doors don't have the windows broken in two pieces and the rear windows go down all the way (unlike fords)! And if is also much easier to enter and exit the 3rd row seats on the suburbans with their square doors than the expeditoins with the smaller rear doors.

I have always thought the suburban and full size van have always been much better looking and had more thought in the design process than the ford counter parts.

Those are the only two GM vehicles I think have an edge over the fords.

I actually like the new body style of the Burbs and Tahoes. I think it's a nice streamlined, clean design. I'll agree- and I'll admit- I think they look better than the Expy from the outside.

Cant disagree!!

Back