Brightest Bulb | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brightest Bulb

I know there has been a lot of talk about this but I was wondering what would be the brightest bulb to put into my 98 Ex.? I mean something that I could buy at Advanced Auto Parts or AutoZone. Would it be silverstars? Are halogens the best way to go? I want bright, bright white or the if there is a really bright one that has that tint of blue, that would be fine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you're talking about your Headlights and are willing and ready to shell out a decent amount of cash, persue a good set of HIDs. Before buying, I'd check out your local laws first. If and when you do buy a set, make sure you choose a color that isn't obnoxious and/or a cop magnet, which is in my opinion 8000k or higher. 8000k is a bluish light and 10000k is purple...which are cop magnets around here. I run 6000k which is a light-blue tinted white light. I love them and they throw amazing light...definitely blow halogen bulbs clean out of the water.

If you're talking about your Headlights and are willing and ready to shell out a decent amount of cash, persue a good set of HIDs. Before buying, I'd check out your local laws first. If and when you do buy a set, make sure you choose a color that isn't obnoxious and/or a cop magnet, which is in my opinion 8000k or higher. 8000k is a bluish light and 10000k is purple...which are cop magnets around here. I run 6000k which is a light-blue tinted white light. I love them and they throw amazing light...definitely blow halogen bulbs clean out of the water.

Thanks. That's exsactly what I needed to know.

To be honest, u'd be amazed at the level of light that comes from the stock light bulbs when u throw a harness in from suvlights.com to the tune of about $60. However, save a lil more and buy HID's and ur prob better off.

Get the 50w HIDs they make regular HIDS look like halogens. I am currently running a 8000k 50w set. night and day difference.

What would be the brightest I could get at my local Auto Parts Stores. They all carry SilverStars. Does SilverStar make a 6000K or 8000K halogen bulb that they ship out to the stores?

I would rather not order them, if I don't have to.

For pure light output go with 4300k. Most members are concerned with the look/color of the light , if that is not you, go with 4300k HID, doesn't matter if they are 35w or 55w and the light will be awesome.

X2 4300k is alot brighter and is pure white while 6000k and up gets bluer and darker as the number rises.

Back