Broke a Hella Black Magic light!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Broke a Hella Black Magic light!!!

Broke Black Magics!!!

today i went out to pismo dunes and i was trying to impress my girlfriend by carving a bowl in my mountaineer as she watched from her Tacoma... I hit the end of the bowl and my Lower Fog lights which are Hella Black Magics (REaLLY EXPENSIVE) hit first and cracked!!! It broke...... I caught air off my front tires too... man... i wish i would of taken pictures!! i'll take pictures of the dammage soon.. but heres wut my black magic lights look like before...
306944_2_full.jpg

they are the bottom black fog lights.. the passenger side one is the one that got smashed!!.. if it werent for my grill guard.. my front lip would of been smashed too!!! thank goD!!! My manik grill guard really holds up! i'm soo glad i got it!!

btw.. im selling it soon cause im getting a prerunner light bar!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's why it's not good to mount expensive lights low. Matt Adams learned that lesson in Moab 2001 :rolleyes:

Glad that was the only damage.

lights

Yea he donated a Piaa to the Golden Crack. :D Glad all you lost was a light.

Showing off never comes out on top, but I still havent learned my lesson, I just dont do it with stuff I cant afford to fix lol. Nice truck man. So once your supra gets on the road, are you selling that or what? Or are you getting the best of both worlds?(offroad/street), every car guys dream.:)

yeah, that's why the only thing on my truck that's below my bumper, are tow hooks, I learned my lesson 3 years ago

yeh im soo glad it was only my light that broke.. if it was my front bumper i would of just cried.. those hellas are supposed to be "Impact Resistant"!!! haha.. but naw, i'm not gonna be selling my supra, imma keep that and either probably sell my mountaineer sometime in the future.. I'm just waiting for McNeil OFF-Road to finally pull out their 98+ long travel kit and imma throw that on... I just bought my Little brother a 89 RX7 so i'm sorta short on money.. anybody wanna help... a dollar from everybody would really help!!!

I'll buy the good one :D Is it a fog or driving beam? I'm thinking 1 Black magic between my KC's on my brushguard might look kinda cool.

Originally posted by Black Magic
Whew, I thoght some one broke something on my truck and was telling me about it here! LOL

Yes, so did I when I first read the title!!

Originally posted by HokieBert
I'll buy the good one :D Is it a fog or driving beam? I'm thinking 1 Black magic between my KC's on my brushguard might look kinda cool.

umm.. check with me in about two weeks.. i talked to my parts person and he said he'lll see if he can just replace that one.. but they usually just sell them in pairs.. if i have to buy a pair i might just throw that ODD hella between my KC's on top and replace my bottom Hellas'... But If i make my light bar this summer.. You can definetly buy my one Hella for like a hundred bucks!!! btw.. its a fog beam

Originally posted by Black Magic
Whew, I thoght some one broke something on my truck and was telling me about it here! LOL

Wouldn't that be something!:D

yeh.. it sorta sucks.. I dont think they sell them in pairs so i'll have to spend another 300 bucks for a paiR!!! man o man!! the worst part is trying to figure out how to tell my dad.. He hates when i go to the pismo dunes!

Originally posted by clarkkent
supposed to be "Impact Resistant"!!!
Everything can be broken! I've found that out! Especially is its made outta metal and glass. It can be broken!

wow.. only 209 bucks.. I must of gotten them when they first came out then.. cause i got them for like 270??

thanks man.. i might just buy them from here

btw. Those are the black magic Driving lamps.. I dont kno if those are the exact ones.. I might have the FOG versions which are brighter? Because i kno with other lights you can get "Driving or FOG"
The ones on that site say "driving"

I fixed the title to avoid any confusion....

Hey Guys, I was checking out those Hella Black Magic lights (pretty damn cool), and was wondering if the bulbs can be replaced with standard H2 55 watters?

Only reason I ask is that I lost a bulb on one of my PIAA 1400 Ion Fogs, and never realized that the bulb/lens was all one piece.....soooo the replacement "bulb" that you could only get thru PIAA was $40! $#@(^%@#&*@%!*&$)@!^#%(@*#

I just don't want to buy another set of lights that require proprietary bulbs. Lemme know. Thanks!!

Back