• Register Today It's free!

Broken gt40p head

artlomb21

Reaction score
City, State
victor new york
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ford explorer xlt
Hi guys this is my first post. I have better than average mechanic skills but not machining skills. my uncle broke a plug in no.1 cylinder and removed it and heli coiled it with head on.....I was not around. so here are pics of the head.The missing piece is next to the red paint....can this be fixed or is it garbage...thank you for any input.
pKD2IN8rXHAAofJPTdz_CfQAzOGmu2URm-_nk_R2LfG-1Pv9GflJEboiCHYQ5k8H8KnnOL73K9HbavKBTAQ-TnXjvLNOv6tnBXNjq9M-Ev9L-v_PKxtEJgHZUrlZyg0gnGwED4fmL8-Xout8SA4MWlqfOaX-EhTEvPcRM8WNgJCclRgUd4qSPk_RPkNEcueDRfl_y0R3KE3mKNL0Ea4RraW4MX-mwAgyDOxKlaekpfsyPOIjogP1L3LtVt9B5ihfBT0X5AoOgWsxTD-ryprDSh0ZjQrzGkjS9Q8o3xfBJdEfX-rAxkwKUCVi3oWMHjbLXkX08KpM6EW03tYcQhwpQYZilbFPNrNScQaWW-17FE7NaVaVF7TQTD-DBRg_QPrQqTgkCVqbs1z-W9ueT_DRmlkRHJDlzWg-qvmRdXsmQibJ92hmTDo_z-7Va8E1ct5I3ZCjzVKeYRLaao4hBBai_11sVVRWtUHPAwDsURU_sobFpJ7BiZF3T3raIrNRySGaJjN5xlZLAIPiSh26rpyni5BUkDwmQ2JmcbTOnYWWCYQnTxMYDJ89sdPr034TQg2_X5P8YvkDU_n4FOtXulkLHlOWV0BsmcHoEHv2e7f4aMzsfWatJKldiDyiIs6n2Q=w1342-h491-l75-ft

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your pics aren't showing, but why not take your head to a machine shop and ask them for an estimate?

Or get a new head, there a lot of them out there now pretty cheap. Local pupil a part has a bunch (dozen or more) of gt40p for $40

local pupil a part? $40 sounds great...sorry about pics not sure how to properly load them....definately interested for $40 heads. would appreciate more info on that

Hi, sorry for the typo. It is Pull-a-part, a large "junk yard" chain. You can google them but I do not think there are any of them up in New York. My point is the market should be getting flooded with gt40p heads as there are a lot of 98-01 explorers hitting the junk yards right now. eBay, Craigslist should have some, though you likely pay more than 40, but you may could find them for less than $100.

Back