broken left rear upper arm 2002 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

broken left rear upper arm 2002 explorer

grizwald1

Reaction score
City, State
Minneapolis, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer
I own a 2002 Explorer and the left rear upper arm has cracked in half, what is the danger / implications of driving it that way? and what is the potential cost to repair?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't drive it like that. You could fix it yourself for about $200.00 USD.

Can you please tell my why I should not drive it that way? Not sure if have the capability to fix it myself.

Because it is a mission critical part of the suspension. You could wreck and hurt innocent people, even yourself. How could someone tell you that's OK?

Don't mess around with a broken control arm. Get that fixed ASAP.

OK, I understand that I need to get it fixed, appreciate the feedback. Can anyone give me an estimate of what the repair bill might run? I am not capable of doing the repair myself and wanted to get an idea of what I'm generally looking at to have this repaired. Thanks

Griz the arm with ball joint sells online for $120 USD shipped. From a shop it would of course be marked up, and labor charges also. I can only guess around $400 total, best thing is to get a quote locally.

$400 sounds about right. If you can I would replace both control arms at once.

Back