broken off wire, has crank, no start | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

broken off wire, has crank, no start

Jrayrieb

Reaction score
City, State
Topeka, Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford explorer sport
My 2001 Ford explorer sport track had a massive coolant leak and was over heating. I replaced the water pump and the cooling fan and went to start it and it won’t turn over. This wire broke off from somewhere. I’m guessing the starter solenoid but I’m not 100 percent sure. And I don’t know how to get it back on. Here is a picture

428FA38F-0D49-4B37-8DA7-DB3875AD0D39.jpeg 2CA9FA96-1F53-40D7-ABD4-F3BBC5088576.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 2001 Ford explorer sport track had a massive coolant leak and was over heating. I replaced the water pump and the cooling fan and went to start it and it won’t turn over. This wire broke off from somewhere. I’m guessing the starter solenoid but I’m not 100 percent sure. And I don’t know how to get it back on. Here is a picture

View attachment 438219 View attachment 438220
Wrong subforum buddy also that don't look like the solenoid wire to me

Dam that's a dirty engine! 👍🏻💯

Thread moved.

Your title and description conflict. Does the Engine crank with key, or do you get nothing?
I figured it out. I had just replaced the water pump. When I installed it I unknowingly displaced the bolts to the crankshaft sensor 🤦🏻 bolted it back on correctly and fired right up.

Dam that's a dirty engine! 👍🏻💯
Yeah it’s worse underneath. The owner said it had been overheating for awhile. I think I’m going to have to change out the cylinder cover gasket. I’m gonna clean it up first and see if I can pinpoint exactly where it’s coming from.

Back