• Register Today It's free!

Broken shock?

TigerTrac01

Reaction score
City, State
Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac
What up fellas? Got a squeaky truck now mainly on the right side of the truck that I think could b caused by an injured shock. If I stand on the bumper and bounce up and down the neighbors think I'm scratching a record in my basement (or having sex in the truck :D).

I had my buddy drive it and I listened outside and the squeak is very loud from outside of the truck.

Anyone else have this happened to them? Is it just a shock issue? If so, which bad boys do ya'll recommend?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are the shocks dented?

I have Rancho RS5000 series shocks in my truck and I like them.

What up fellas? Got a squeaky truck now mainly on the right side of the truck that I think could b caused by an injured shock. If I stand on the bumper and bounce up and down the neighbors think I'm scratching a record in my basement (or having sex in the truck :D).

I had my buddy drive it and I listened outside and the squeak is very loud from outside of the truck.

Anyone else have this happened to them? Is it just a shock issue? If so, which bad boys do ya'll recommend?

Procomp ES3000 is a great shock that performs just as well as Rancho's, just $10-$15 a shock cheaper.

Check out www.4wheelparts.com

The sway bar bushing often get squeaky when they need replaced. Spray some lube on them to check. You could also pull the shock, and take it for a spin.

When my old 2005 Trac, and the 2002 Ranger I had before that, had a squeak from the front end it was a bad ball joint.

I asked my mechanic and he believes its a bushing, of course this is without him looking at the truck yet. I guess I'll take it in soon to figure out the damage.

I just had to take out the upper sway bar bushing and spray some silicone lube on it because of a loud squeak. I personally have never heard a shock squeak. I'm sure someone has but I havn't.

i sprayed some WD-40 on the leaf spring bolts last night and the squeak is almost all gone. I probably will still get it checked out soon but at least its a temporary fix. Thanks for the help guys.

Back