Broken side view mirror Glass

samirme

Reaction score
City, State
Dubai
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Mountaineer
Hi there everyone,

Someone broke my right side view mirror (glass) on my 2004 mountaineer and left me with an empty shell of the housing, probably took the glass that fell off with them. Went to buy a new mirror but the new one does not fit. There is a 1cm gap between the stub in the housing and the fitting behind the glass piece i bought. The parts department ensures me that everything is spot on with serial numbers. Seems there should be some kind of housing / fitting attachment between the glass and the housing??

Any help with how this should look like will be appreciated. I can post pics up tomorrow.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome! You bought it from a Ford/Lincoln dealer, and they don't know? They have a break down of the mirror that shows each part. Ask them to show you what's missing....

Hey there,

When i bought the part, I asked the guy to show me the breakdown and there was nothing between the glass and the holder. Is there some from of Foam or Double side sticky tape used here?

Thanks for the reply!

Someone tore off Froader's mirror... but I don't know what thread it's in - there are pics of the damage. Let's see...

(double post... I deleted mine vv

that sux bout ur mounty

Back