Broken Valve Cover pins for PCV Valve | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Broken Valve Cover pins for PCV Valve

leadfootdriver

Reaction score
City, State
Westland, Mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLT 4.0
They're broken, so the PCV won't twist and lock into the Valve Cover.. I cut a strip from a Nitrile Glove and wrapped it around the PCV to make it more of an interference fit but it's not really a fix.

Is there a work around for this? Is there an old school Grommet that will fit so I can use a standard PCV?

The reason this came to my attention is because I began to smell burning oil. I found that it's leaking a bit of oil down the Valve Cover onto the Driverside Header..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They're broken, so the PCV won't twist and lock into the Valve Cover.. I cut a strip from a Nitrile Glove and wrapped it around the PCV to make it more of an interference fit but it's not really a fix.

Is there a work around for this? Is there an old school Grommet that will fit so I can use a standard PCV?

The reason this came to my attention is because I began to smell burning oil. I found that it's leaking a bit of oil down the Valve Cover onto the Driverside Header..
Any Pics?

Is it the PCV valve that has broken pins?

LOL replied to the wrong thread..

"Yeah man, the pins in the VC are gone. It's smooth in there so there's nothing for the PCV to lock onto.

Mine does not have a heater. I'll have to check it to see if it's held since I did my quick fix.. Will report back."

But I checked, and it's still holding pretty tight for now!

I have a ziptie holding on the nitrile piece where the heater goes on other models. It's in there..

32102407417_ff1aed3bb8_b.jpg

DSC04970_1.jpg

Back