Bronco II - Explorer Part Swap - Woodgrain Dash & Grill? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Bronco II - Explorer Part Swap - Woodgrain Dash & Grill?

ParkerRocker

Reaction score
City, State
Hayden, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Explorer Sport
I am an explorer owner, and was looking at an 89 Bronco II EB the other day, and saw that it had a woodgrain dash. I love woodgrain, so i have to swap it into my explorer. It seems to be exactly the same. My understanding is that only the second generation bronco II would work, so I would need an 89-90 bronco II? does the woodgrain come standard or just on EB editions? What about the grill? I like the grill on second gen Bronco II. would this swap over easy?
-Parker

4x4junkie

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
So.Calif.(San Fernando Valley)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Ranger, '90 Bronco II
Should all swap over fine. Anything from '89-'92 Rangers should fit as well.

The simulated woodgrain dash trim I believe was only on '89 Ranger and Bronco II XLT and EB trims. '90 & later models I've seen had the trim color-keyed with the dash.

snoranger

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Jackson, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 limited on 35's
my 89 STX had woodgrain. My two 89's and one 90 ranger dont have switches under the headlight switch. They have either a flat plate or a pocket. i believe the ex dash had the rear wiper, fog light, and defrost switches that pop into the panel.

fordxranger

Reaction score
City, State
Everett, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Eddie/89 ranger ex cab
my 89 STX had woodgrain. My two 89's and one 90 ranger dont have switches under the headlight switch. They have either a flat plate or a pocket. i believe the ex dash had the rear wiper, fog light, and defrost switches that pop into the panel.

most of them do have the switches there, I have seen a few that don't and I grabbed a blue colored one without the switch panel for my ranger. fit right in with zero mods.

ParkerRocker: you would have to make a plate that bolts to the pocket in the ranger dash piece to mount the switches for your explorer if you wanted to use the woodgrain piece.