Bronco II - What in the heck? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bronco II - What in the heck?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Heath said:
Not all... Some have Rangers, or BII's...

and some of us are working on having both! :D

B6 :)
Pics?

i have all these now

90 B2
MVC-003S-1.jpg

63 Falcon
dave3.jpg

64 Fairlane
A49C6E_131CDFC160D5_1.jpg

86 STX
A49C6E_13219C330E6D_2.jpg

83 hot rod(302/Np434/205)
A49C6E_131CCD31B218_1.jpg

hot rod engine(69 302)
A49C6E_131F1E914CA4_4.jpg

88 B2
A49C6E_131CA7AECBD_1.jpg

CB 750
A49C6E_131CC677EF9_1.jpg

90 B2(winter bomb)
A49C6E_131F3DF1B585_1.jpg

oh baby! thanks for sharing

I am wondering if any one had thought of taking the 90's front clip and puting on the older B2s

I am wondering if any one had thought of taking the 90's front clip and puting on the older B2s

If I remember right, the body lines won't match up. I have a '92 Ex parts truck and I think I looked once to see if the front clip would work on my '86 B2. I think I read that the 1st gen Ex front clip is the same as the clip on the later B2s (89 and 90?), but when I looked, it was clear that the body lines were different on the fenders and into the doors. You should be able to easily see the difference just by looking at pictures of each.

I have seen it done before as well.

I have seen it done before as well.

An 89-90 B2 front clip will work on a 1st gen B2 fine. You'll have to change out the rad/core support. Everythine else will bolt on. Bumbers will need some bracket fabrication.

The only EX parts that you could use are the grill, lights, hood and bumper with a bit of bracket fab.

yes, the easiest way to swap the front is -

you do need the core support. The inner fenders are attached to the core and spot welded to the firewall. It is easier to just drill the spot welds on the firewall and replace the entire front end. It can be done, but it does take some time - if you look over at Pirate4x4 WhiteRhino has done the swap

I found out my '84 is a XL thru the VIN. There are no "XL" marking on it. It has the lift up rear glass and the swinging tire carrier. How rare are they?
PHOT0039.jpg

I'm looking at buying an 85 Bronco, that I think came with a 351, but has been fitted with an injected 5.0. All the engines mentioned in this thread are V6s, i take it, so did you guys get a V8 option in Bronco? In Oz, V8 was the ONLY option, AFAIK.

Here's a pic of the one I'm looking at:
ec56bdce22e00d16c26295b9b960a7a2_l.jpg

I'm looking at buying an 85 Bronco, that I think came with a 351, but has been fitted with an injected 5.0. All the engines mentioned in this thread are V6s, i take it, so did you guys get a V8 option in Bronco? In Oz, V8 was the ONLY option, AFAIK.

Here's a pic of the one I'm looking at:
ec56bdce22e00d16c26295b9b960a7a2_l.jpg

You're looking at a full size Bronco, derived from the F150. The only thing in common with a Bronco II is the name.

you are looking at a FULL SIZE bronco, this thread is for Bronco II's which are Ranger based vehicles.
No V8 option in the BII, its a do it yourself type job LOL

you are looking at a FULL SIZE bronco, this thread is for Bronco II's which are Ranger based vehicles.
No V8 option in the BII, its a do it yourself type job LOL
Thanks for that - we never got the BII in Oz, hence my ignorance. It just shows that you learn something new every day!

okay so the question is does every mod own an explorer? I know BIll (rangerX) works on his wifes Ex from time to time :) hehehe

Matt Adams got rid of Vegas years ago

Just wondering....

Not all... Some have Rangers, or BII's...

Vegas is owned by Amber the co-owner of Demon4x4.com

Some of us moderators don't own either :p:

Mazda Navajo less than 12,000 built!

Double_headlights_Navajo1.jpg

Jeff - :navajo:

less then 12,000 really? geesh my guess is 11,500 are here in CO I still see them all the time!!

Love the Navajo!!! the ex sport and navajo are like the BII's kids :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Love the Navajo!!! the ex sport and navajo are like the BII's kids :)

BWHAHAHAHHAA! I just pee'd myself, that funny at hell!

Jeff - :navajo:

Back