• Register Today It's free!

Brush Gaurd

Malcolm

Reaction score
City, State
Armonk, NY (westchester)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Eddie Bauer
I am looking to buy a new brush gaurd to put on my Ex. Anybody have any suggestions about the better or cheaper ones and where or who to get them from? I know that I want a good one but done want to spend too much money.
Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here are a couple of threads to check out. One of them has a pic of my brushguard, a one-piece guard from Dead Link Removed.

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

-----------------
Sorry , I didn't realize you had an older X. I'm pretty sure Manik has a guard for your X though.

Mine's a Smittybilt Outland. You can check out the pix in the link in my signature. I love it!!

I just bought, & installed a basic westin brush/grill gaurd. It has the thick X bars, & the headlight protectors. Looks good. It's simple, & it was under $200. It has 2 light mounts also. I really didn't want to pay alot for the euro looking ones. I got it from
http://www.truckperformance.com

thanks

Thanks for all your help.

I am just going to do some research on the best that I could find for the money. I have a lot of options now...thanks again.

Two more questions:

Just two other quick questions:
1) Do I have to cut the molding on the bottom of the front grille (that plastic piece)?
2) Can I only put on a certain type if I want to add some type of lift kit?
Thanks.

manix

I got manix on my truck and its the best investment I ever made, bout 4 weeks ago I rearended a nissan maxima @ 25 mph and absolutly no damage, just a scrape on the manix bar itself, but it saved me quite a bit of money as that accident without the manix would have costed alot of money in damage.

Do you mean a Manik, not Manix?

Back