Brush guard fit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brush guard fit

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In all honesty it probably will fit, yes the front end is a little different but there is not difference in size, its just a little more square than ours.

I say go for it if the price is good enough.

I was just wondering about whether or not the mounts were the same. It's 100 bucks and I've been wanting one for awhile. The person selling it is going to look it up, but I'm going to ask them what make and model it is so I can check myself. I'd imagine it fits the same, but I wanted to ask people who know more than me, aka you guys.

Even if the mounts don't place the brushguard properly, it will still be cheaper to have a shop make some for you than to have bought the whole thing new anyway so your risk is really minimal.

A manufacturer wont help you because even if they bracket's were the same, they won't have a clue because they are specified to fit a model.

I got some very good custom mounts made by a shop for $65. He said he gave me a good deal cause I'm a friend of his (which he did...it's worth more than that). The guard isn't even made for explorers at all. It's for a full size truck rather than mid size, but it's slightly skinnier than a suburban, so the owner sold it to me for cheap since it was useless to him.

Back