Brush Guard.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brush Guard....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i just got one for my 99 EB from the same guy, but it comes with TERRIBLE directions. its just a picture. literally. and the pictures dont even match the parts i have, i believe they gave me the wrong one...

well that's not good. I'm still debating it. I've had some people tell me they think it'll ruin the "classiness" that my truck has now.

There are several 3rd gens here with a brush guard, you can look through the pics and decide whether you like it or not.

Rich:

I see you're located in Jersey; I'm located in the Lehigh Valley of eastern PA.

I have a brush guard I bought for my '04 XLT about two years ago; had it on my truck for about 6mos before I got tired of it and took it off. It's hanging on the wall in my garage right now.

Here's a link to some pics I took of it on my truck after I installed it.

If you're interested send me an email and I'll take some more pics and give you more info on it.

-Mike

Hopefully tonight I'll get my pic up for my avatar, it'll show my brush guard. It's a Manik, but only the center section (ie, no headlight guards), got it for $40 + shipping ($40 shipping, so only $80 total!), and IMHO it looks great. I'm still debating whether I actually want to find headlight guards to put on it or keep it the same. I'll try to post a few pics in here too in a few hours.

Well here's my tossup... This past winter I kinda sorta spun out and hit an ice berg(large frozen then melted then frozen then melted then frozen again pile of snow in the corner of a parking lot). It cracked my bumper a little just under the driver side headlight. You should be able too see it in the pictures of my truck in my sig. Does anyone know how much it would be to just change the whole bumper and get a new one? or do i spend the money on a guard to prevent any other small events happening and just overlook the existing. I know I wont be invincible with a $250 brush guard but I think it'd save me once or twice. Also, being its an xls will a new bumper still match my already slightly faded unpainted plastics?

After having proofread what I just wrote i realized it makes no sense at all. Brush guard vs. new bumper is a rather dumb conflict. lol

Back