Brush guard | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brush guard

Reaction score
City, State
North Mankato, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Explorer Sport Trac
Any one know if a Dee Zee brush guard from a 2005 Explorer would fit my 2008 Explorer Sport Trac? Are the frame mounting points the same?

Attachments

• E9C8A84B-088A-4F2A-A7BC-9A5F9C5F3F17.png
    E9C8A84B-088A-4F2A-A7BC-9A5F9C5F3F17.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 85

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It’s very similar to the new brush guard I was looking at, but 1/6 the cost. I’m afraid I haven’t been able to get the measurements from the seller yet.

Here are a couple of pics that I took a while ago of the mounting points on my 03 Explorer. The mounting bracket bolts utilize the tow hook holes.
FrameMount.JPG
Bracket.JPG

This is it on the Explorer. Note where the brackets come through the bumper in the tow hook openings- these don’t exist on the ST. You’d definitely want to make sure you get the mounting brackets, but there are certainly differences in the bumpers and the frame extensions that you would need to work with. Could probably be done, but you’ll be doing some extra cutting and drilling for sure.
7AF0F1C9-DC9C-4CFA-95D0-1739B85885CB.jpeg

I also have the dog bone brackets inside the frame to thread the mounting bolts into. On the Explorer, the bumper (the inner metal section) can be loosened and tilted to slip the brackets into the frame. Not sure how you would do this on the ST.
BD648CC1-93A4-426B-83CA-E636EE3C1AB9.jpeg
A2F8CF30-41DF-4530-B1EB-75C7BF07B1FB.jpeg

I also have the dog bone brackets inside the frame to thread the mounting bolts into. On the Explorer, the bumper (the inner metal section) can be loosened and tilted to slip the brackets into the frame. Not sure how you would do this on the ST.
Thank you, that is very helpful!
No problem. You can probably figure out a way to make the whole thing work. Be sure the seller has the big frame mount brackets. Keep us posted on your progress.

Well I asked for photos of the brackets so I could see how they might work with my truck, but now they are not responding, so may be done before I started.....

Well I asked for photos of the brackets so I could see how they might work with my truck, but now they are not responding, so may be done before I started.....
I hate it when people selling stuff jerk you around.

Never answered about the mounts and sold it to someone else. Thanks for advice though.

Back