BSI replaced, now need to adjust brakes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BSI replaced, now need to adjust brakes

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am unfamiliar with this particular issue...it looks like replacing the BSI is done to resolve this specific problem, right?

I replaced BSI. Now my brake lights don't work which makes me think that that BSI is not working properly. Fuse 23 supposedly controls all of that so i switched that out and have the same problem. Except now even when I apply the brake pedal all the way, the BSI doesn't drop like it's suppose to.

IT would seem that the BSI is an electric solenoid. Power to this solenoid is provided through the switch on the brake pedal. If you have to jam hard on the brake pedal to shift into park it would seem that the brake switch may be the problem, especially since the brake lights do not work either.

Know where I can get a new one of those?

So is it likely that the BSI went bad and so did the brake switch, but i didn't notice until i replaced the BSI?

Turns out it was a bad Brake switch not a bad bsi, but oh well both are brand new now..

Back