• Register Today It's free!

Btf uca/ lift help

Jmedina613

Reaction score
City, State
Clermont Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLT
I recently installed my btf lift and ucas and decided to replace my old worn out struts as well, problem is, as it sits in the driveway with no jacks my ucas and spindle is hitting my springs. Because of this my ride is extremely stiff and uncomfortable, when even I hit a bump you can hear metal on metal clunk. As you can imagine it's a nightmare offroad. Not sure why I am having this problem so I've come here for help.

Some ideas I have thought of is figuring how to mount the ucas lower, a spacer to go in between the spindle and uca, and making longer custom ucas.

What do you guys think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have pics. I'm having a hard time picturing it in my head.

Do you have the adjustable camber kit? Mine did this at first, than I got a alignment, I had to much camber at the top, after they adjusted it it pulled my knuckle away from the spring.

Do you have the adjustable camber kit? Mine did this at first, than I got a alignment, I had to much camber at the top, after they adjusted it it pulled my knuckle away from the spring.
This, did you pull the factory preset camber washers? The ones with the hooks?

This, did you pull the factory preset camber washers? The ones with the hooks?

I replaced them with adjustable ones from eibach.

I replaced them with adjustable ones from eibach.
Sorry I know you have, I meant that for the OP.

I have followed alot of your mods ranger.

I recently installed my btf lift and ucas and decided to replace my old worn out struts as well, problem is, as it sits in the driveway with no jacks my ucas and spindle is hitting my springs. Because of this my ride is extremely stiff and uncomfortable, when even I hit a bump you can hear metal on metal clunk. As you can imagine it's a nightmare offroad. Not sure why I am having this problem so I've come here for help.

Some ideas I have thought of is figuring how to mount the ucas lower, a spacer to go in between the spindle and uca, and making longer custom ucas.

What do you guys think?

Did you remove the factory installed camber washers with the small hooks that locate into the frame?

I didn't remove them but when I went to get an allignent they said they were missing, this all makes sense now haha thanks guys!

Top is before bottom is after
You can see how they were unable to adjust my camber because I was missing the "shims"
Hopefully I can fix this problem now :)
4FC7B2A9-4479-4CEF-BDD1-307FA066527B_zpsbmnrseol.jpg

Back