BTF upper arms - why circular tubes design changed to square profile | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BTF upper arms - why circular tubes design changed to square profile

Bazz270

Reaction score
City, State
Haifa,Israel
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer 2007 XLT
Hi all

After my traxda 2.5 inch lift installed desided to put btf upper arms (hard to believe that my original control arms will last long in real offroad-maybe only roads or gravel)

Talked with Brandon via emails and he told me that arms design looks according to btf site photos- square profile made..

It is a bit ugly look (in my opinion but ill handle it)...

Anyways...
Is anybody knows why btf arms designed changed?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The square tube might be easier to fixture.

Make sense....

Can anyone take a some side look photo of btf arms with car wheels on? Thanks a lot..

Make sense....

Can anyone take a some side look photo of btf arms with car wheels on? Thanks a lot..
Not 100% sure what you mean by that but here are some photos of my explorer where you can see the a arms

20201108_131929.jpg

20201105_162613.jpg

Hi apoctank

Can you please share your experience with btf arms ?

There's not much to say really, they were expensive, easy to install, and have given me zero problems so far. Looks are obviously subjective but the craftsmanship and finish are both very nice

Hi all

Anyone knows whats going on about BTF guys?

Ordered BTF arms on 16.06

On 06.08 contacted Brandon in order to get some shipping estimation or update.He told me that arms will be shipped soon...

Something about 8 weeks for production (before leadtime)? Sounds strange...

And until today no any updates and no any answer from BTF..how long it really takes?

My old oem control arms going worst from day to day

Should i contact paypal for dispute?

Mine took a long time to arrive, and that was US to US. I would say send them an email to check in but you're probably fine

talked with BTF finally.
package now in origin USPS office or awaiting pickup by postal service so I should be ok..

driver side stock arm failed already (replaced by cheap brand as temporary remedy ).joint almost separated from arm housing (shimmy detected on high speeds)

Hi all

Finally got my BTF arms

Very well made..looks like OEM vehicle equipment:

20210825_152101.jpg

20210831_181406.jpg

Installed today.fits perfectly.professional welding quality .no special issues instead of washers purpose question (solved)

Painted it black matte and added some kind of dust cover to the bottom joint portion,just to restore factory look.
20210831_181501.jpg

Back