bubbles in window tint

Digger196

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Winston-Salem, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Cherokee
I just got the front 2 windows tinted last week. it is the mirror looking ones so it matches the rear windows. well i let them dry for 3 day w/o rolling down the window like they told me to. i knowtisted the other day that are a good bit of small bubbles. i went today after school to ask them to redo it and the guy told me they will come out. all it is is water still under the tint and it will completely dry and look like the back in a few weeks of it being in the sun to dry. is this true?

will the bubbles go away?

has this happened to anyone else?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

let it dry for another week or so,, if it doesnt come out then.. then go back and complain. ive had my tints since jan, and i have small bubbles. when i go home, im going to get them redone.. i have the lifetime warrenty on mine.. so if it bubbles, or fades, i get it doen for free again.

did you knowtisted the # of bubbles go down as time went by?

somewhat.. but these little bubbles never went away. im probably going to get the 20% taken off and get limo all the way around.

I got limo tint all the way around a few months ago and it had some bubbles in it, but they came out after about 4 days. I'd say let it sit for awhile where it can be hit by as much sunlight as possible and they should go away in a few days at most.

Wait just alittle while longer.... let it get nice and warm outside... then count the bubbles.

ok good that's what i want to hear! good news!

BUMP!

They will go away. I just had my windows tinted on my truck about 3 weeks ago. There are still some but they are going away be patient my friend and they will go away. different temps will slow the process. For example if its hot one day and cold the next it will take longer for them to come out. Dont try and push them just leave them be and you should be fine.

i got 35% tint on the front windows and 15% added in the back....the bubbles took about 2 weeks to completely go away. however the majority of the bubbles were gone in about 5 days. good luck

i found out that the windows at 20% illegal to have but don't really care. i'll be there at the shop come inspection time and i'll roll the windows down and hope they don't see them.

tints can affect your inspection? i never knew that..

i knew they were illegal, but only when getting pulled over.

i looked at the sheet they give you saying pass and fail and window tint was one of them.

woah.. i hope they dont have that for NY inspection.. or ill just have to go somewhere shady

Originally posted by Digger196
i found out that the windows at 20% illegal to have but don't really care. i'll be there at the shop come inspection time and i'll roll the windows down and hope they don't see them.
Tried that when I lived in New Jersey. Worked one year and didn't the next. Had to take it off. Fortunately, South Carolina has no inspection.;)

i know the owner of the shop!;)

Back