• Register Today It's free!

Bucket seats..:

egallus83

Reaction score
City, State
Chisholm, Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Chevy Equinox
hello! Newbie here! I’m in the market for a used car and really wanting a Ford Explorer. I’ve seen posts about bucket seats on here. I have been looking and obviously agree they’re hard to find! And when I do see one with them, I unfortunately can’t afford a $30k car. Is it possible to get them installed in one that has bench seats? These would be way more convenient with 2 car seats!! The only thing the Chevy Traverse has over the Explorers since they’re so hard to find. I’d much prefer an Explorer over Traverse. Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hello! Newbie here! I’m in the market for a used car and really wanting a Ford Explorer. I’ve seen posts about bucket seats on here. I have been looking and obviously agree they’re hard to find! And when I do see one with them, I unfortunately can’t afford a $30k car. Is it possible to get them installed in one that has bench seats? These would be way more convenient with 2 car seats!! The only thing the Chevy Traverse has over the Explorers since they’re so hard to find. I’d much prefer an Explorer over Traverse. Thanks in advance!

Yes it is possible to do. If the seats are the same set up, you unscrew a few bolts and put the bucket in. Matching the interior material/colour might be a bit more difficult though. I'm planning on swapping out our bench for a bucket and then reupholstering the whole interior.

How would you go about finding them? Do you personally have to look for them online or if your purchasing from a dealer can they try to find them?

Try local salvage lots (junk yards). From the dealer you are going to pay crazy money.

I don’t see any kind of seats on there after putting in year make and model

See, there's quite a bit of info those threads linked above.

I also find it very difficult to believe there were 0 LH bucket seats for a 2011+ Explorer. That site goes very far and wide. As I stated above, they may not be the same material or even the same colour.

Look harder. Seats may be the same for the entire generation or only interchangeable for 11-15s and 16-19s. It's gonna be up to you to do the legwork and find them.

As both Peter and I said, finding them is difficult. Prepare to spend quite a bit of time looking. Or pay more for buckets or captains. Or look further away for different Explorers. Or just live with having a bench. We have 3 kids and manage, but everyone's situation is their own to figure out.

Back