Budget 2track 1994 sport | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Budget 2track 1994 sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back glass comes out real easy and i swapped out the stock bolts for thumb screws.

Attachments

• 20160418_132335.jpg
    20160418_132335.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 247

So i get the luxury of replacing a y pipe now. Mine snapped after the passanger side broke away from the manifold. have some work to do in the next two weeks before i go to silver lake sand dunes again. And hopefully a bundy hill run in July

Silver lake sand dunes truck did very well.

Attachments

• 20160618_203056.jpg
    20160618_203056.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 192

Up at Round Lake near Coldwater and I swear I saw your truck delivering pizza....did I spot the right truck? You wouldn't have noticed me....we had my wife's car...

Lil fun at a local off road park Saturday. I got stuck

20160730_152335.jpg

Got her all cleaned up. Lookin good

20160813_124827.jpg

Looking at this pic i think i can run over a bmw lol

I like beemers, don't do that!! She did clean up very nicely..."nice truck," I think of everytime you post a pic

I like beemers, don't do that!! She did clean up very nicely..."nice truck," I think of everytime you post a pic
ya i like beemers also it is a nice car. and thank you. im amazed that it stays nice after what i put it through

Up at Round Lake near Coldwater and I swear I saw your truck delivering pizza....did I spot the right truck? You wouldn't have noticed me....we had my wife's car...
No im in howell area live in a small town north of howell called cohoctah. and i am a Robotic Maint. tech at thai summit in howell

Well someone is copying your build then lol...looked exactly like it, all but the stock tires they were running

Well someone is copying your build then lol...looked exactly like it, all but the stock tires they were running
Hey with the following of the first gens dieing 100 people can copy my build. That just mean 100 more enthusiast. Btw we still need to make a bundy run. Truck is down right now doing a 5.0 swap

I have the 4.10 ls with ford racing clutches for now but i have a 3.73 open doner truck that i will soon be building into 4.88 auto locker
The axle gears that you mentioned; what advantage does it give the truck? I dont know anything.

The axle gears that you mentioned; what advantage does it give the truck? I dont know anything.
So this is how it works in the simplist way. Your axel gears have to match if you are 4 wheel drive your axel gears are the final alteration to your motors power before the power hits the tires. The higher the gear the more low end torque the lower the gears more top speed but lose of acceleration. So my truck with my 35 inch tires would do 90+ mph but take forever to get there. By raising the gears i lost top speed and now i am max speed of 78 and expressway driving is very high rpms but i can get to speed and have alot more power to climb. And the ls stands for limited slip witch is a clutch assembly in the axle that locks when one tire is spinning but the other isnt. So if one tire is stuck in mud then i will have almost equal power on the other tire on that axle still

picked up a sport trac for a good deal put the explorer in the pole barn to begin the 5.0 swap

20161205_160828[1].jpg

Anyone have any opinion on bilstein 5160 14" shocks i thunk im going to buy a set this week just so indecisive

Nice work! looks good.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The parts started coming in today. These are the rough country 4" lift leaf springs

14928269260871711657826.jpg

Back