Budget build Bronco II, cheap & capable | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Budget build Bronco II, cheap & capable

Well doing couple mods, most are parts I have accumulated over time, and dont have much money invested from buying and selling left over parts. Only expensive items is just ordered 5 new 31.1150 Ltbs; and 2 inch lift coils
add ons explorer rear springs
8.8 disc brake rear, installing 4.10s that were removed from my mustang
dana 35 front swap 4.10s have from parts ranger
likley custom fabed radius arms?? if time permits
welded rear, open front
tube doors, custom bumpers
misc tuning to get running better and 1354 manual t-case

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Update for today , while i'm taking a break. Install Ock rite in front complete, accept center pin, they sent on in box, but the little hole for pin that holds it in place is way to small, cant get close to getting dowell thru it??? So i will call tommorow. Fabbed right side radius arm and has turned out way better than planned, i will try and give you all quite a few pics, but sorry the quality isnt great.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

100_1063.jpg

100_1061.jpg

100_1064.jpg

Major progress today, still need to get transfercase, driveshafts, finish alignment, hook up winch, fix couple engine gremlins *sensors?* bleed brakes, radio, and c/b, plan on testing on Monday

Well got Bronco completed the other day but ran into a little set back, motor has not been to great since i got, it, oil pump would act up, well oil pump finally went out when i was in the middle of a mud pit, so it finished off what was left on the junk motor. But luckily I had spare, that should work out, Monday night motor went bad, Monday night we removed old engine, yesturday, installed new used one, and tonight planning on finishing it up, I will post picks when i get a chance, very pleased with tires, locker, and amount of flex im getting.

here are some pics tonight, sorry was dark out, doesnt show to well, but very pleased with amount of flex Im getting.
100_1202.jpg

100_1204.jpg

100_1206.jpg

Well newest budget build plan is, to start work on a doubler t-case, I have picked up 12x12 1/2 peice of steel and i have old tranny outputs gathered up, *I plan on building 2 stub shafts while i'm at it :)*

Work has offically begin on my doubler, hope to have my stub shaft built next week. Split my 1350 cases, nut on rear flange was a bear to get off.

Figured i would post few action shots of bronco at Smorr trip, did very good, extremely happy with the results.
P5300436.jpg

100_1400.jpg

Awesome build! What kind of bar stock or pipe did you use for the extended radius arms? I'm wanting to do that to the EX just not sure exactly what to use.

It was 1in & 3/4 DOM 1/4 thick, so had 1in & 1/4 Id, and i had weld in inserts for that size, it really wasnt all that hard to do, i did end up with little bit worse pinion angle than stock, but i can live with it.

Back