BUG: Cannot Add Individual Contacts to Phonebook | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BUG: Cannot Add Individual Contacts to Phonebook

tpchristian

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer
In the past, I have always skipped downloading the entire phonebook. I have been told by Ford Sync experts that to get my contact photos to show up I need to store them locally and send them to the system one-by-one. I have done this and it is has worked. After the upgrade to 3.5.1, I can no longer add individual contacts. My phone get a generic error and the counter on the Ford side remains at zero. The phone remained the same and the MFT version changed, so I assume this must be a MFT bug.

The good news is that I downloaded my entire phone book and most of my contact photos are showing up via that method. Unfortunately, one that doesn't show up is my wife which is my most frequent caller. :)

Also good new is that I normally have to wait for the system to reboot (I usually just wait as it doesn't take that long to get one of these issues) in order for messages to show up as soon as they come in. I didn't have to wait for the system to do one of its reboots with this version.

In the past, I have always skipped downloading the entire phonebook. I have been told by Ford Sync experts that to get my contact photos to show up I need to store them locally and send them to the system one-by-one. I have done this and it is has worked. After the upgrade to 3.5.1, I can no longer add individual contacts. My phone get a generic error and the counter on the Ford side remains at zero. The phone remained the same and the MFT version changed, so I assume this must be a MFT bug.

The good news is that I downloaded my entire phone book and most of my contact photos are showing up via that method. Unfortunately, one that doesn't show up is my wife which is my most frequent caller. :)

Also good new is that I normally have to wait for the system to reboot (I usually just wait as it doesn't take that long to get one of these issues) in order for messages to show up as soon as they come in. I didn't have to wait for the system to do one of its reboots with this version.

tpchristian,

Same issue/bug here after the 3.5.1

They did a 2nd install and the bug still there.

Bobby:thumbdwn:

Note: I use Blackberry Torch

Back