• Register Today It's free!

Build Date

den6321

Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Anyone have any idea what VINs are hitting the production lines this week ? Mine is in the ...........23000s and I am getting anxious.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My build date is Monday Jan 31st, so a week from today, and I'm just over 25000 VIN number. Yours should be built this week and depending on how far you live from Chicago, it could be 1-3 weeks until delivery.

My build date is Monday Jan 31st, so a week from today, and I'm just over 25000 VIN number. Yours should be built this week and depending on how far you live from Chicago, it could be 1-3 weeks until delivery.

Are you sure yours is to be built on Jan 31st or during the week of Jan 31st. ? I hope you are correct that mine will be sometime this week!

Are you sure yours is to be built on Jan 31st or during the week of Jan 31st. ? I hope you are correct that mine will be sometime this week!
I read that when the build date is a Monday that it can be built anytime that week.

Yes, I should have clarified that. Mine is to be built the week of Jan 31st but I don't expect it to ship until the following week, thus starting my 1-3 week journey. Des Moines is a 4-5 hour drive (depending on which suburb) to Chicago so if it takes more than a week from February 7th I'll be..... upset, shall we say ;)

Yes, I should have clarified that. Mine is to be built the week of Jan 31st but I don't expect it to ship until the following week, thus starting my 1-3 week journey. Des Moines is a 4-5 hour drive (depending on which suburb) to Chicago so if it takes more than a week from February 7th I'll be..... upset, shall we say ;)

I am a "little" further away. It has to be sent to the end of Cape Cod !! My guess at least three weeks from build date.

I just emailed Cory at Ford today to get an update on mine. My Vin number is 23272 and my build date was the week of the 31st as well but I was told this morning my actual exact build date, not week, is now the 7th of February. So maybe they are slowing down a little from what they had expected.

Oh and he also said my scheduled delivery date is still 21st Of February. I really hope they can get it out to Vancouver island within 2 weeks. The bus sucks lol. Anyone know how long a dealer needs the vehicle to prep it to be handed over to the customer?

Oh and he also said my scheduled delivery date is still 21st Of February. I really hope they can get it out to Vancouver island within 2 weeks. The bus sucks lol. Anyone know how long a dealer needs the vehicle to prep it to be handed over to the customer?

According to my dealer he said it will only be a day. Not sure I am happy with that. I want it quickly but with all of the "techie" stuff in the vehicle I want them to do a good job checking it out before I take delivery. Maybe all that stuff is done prior to shipping?

I hope it is not more then a day.

If it takes longer than a day to take off the plastic covers on rims/seats/steering wheel and replace the paper floor mats with your actual ones, your dealer has bigger problems.

Mishtar, that update makes me a little worried. Will have to send a note to Cory to see if mine changed as well. Considering I'm in the 25K range it most likely did. So much for an early birthday present.

Just called my dealership and got my VIN number - 25752 - Ordered 1/17 - left Cory a PM to see if he has any info on build dates.

Latest from Cory on mine(23929) is 2/7 to leave factory and about a week for delivery (cape Co). With disclaimer that things could change and I understand that.

Just called my dealership and got my VIN number - 25752 - Ordered 1/17 - left Cory a PM to see if he has any info on build dates.
I find it a bit starnge that you would have a VIN only 10 days after placing your order and that, I think you're saying that you don't have build date yet. I would expect that the vehicle would have to start on the assembly line before a VIN is attached. My dealer said that once he gets a build date for mine (ordered Dec. 20) that they followup shortly thereafter with the VIN. That seems to make more sense.:scratch:

I find it a bit starnge that you would have a VIN only 10 days after placing your order and that, I think you're saying that you don't have build date yet. I would expect that the vehicle would have to start on the assembly line before a VIN is attached. My dealer said that once he gets a build date for mine (ordered Dec. 20) that they followup shortly thereafter with the VIN. That seems to make more sense.:scratch:

I ordered on 12/18 and about 2 weeks later my dealer gave me a VIN. I still can't get the sticker to show on the Ford site but if everything goes as planned I should be able to see the sticker within a few days (2???).

I ordered on 12/18 and about 2 weeks later my dealer gave me a VIN. I still can't get the sticker to show on the Ford site but if everything goes as planned I should be able to see the sticker within a few days (2???).

Stickers show up around 5-6 days prior to build date. I know this because I was checking about every 5 minutes for a month once I had a VIN.

How can you view stickers at Ford.com?

Cory gave me my Vin first and I checked on blue oval and he only said it was a good vin but no build date at the time. Seems vin comes first then the date.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back