Build Time on a '13 Limited? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Build Time on a '13 Limited?

Just got off the phone with the dealer. He assured me that there is no problem with the allocation. He said that order clean-up is tomorrow (whatever that means) and he will call me tomorrow.

I wonder if I need a mind meld. Your mind to my mind...your thoughts to my thoughts...now where the hell is my VIN!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It was hard to tell the hold up on things, however the last was the 4WD, which is a must, especially for hunting season. Still haven't found a gun rack accessory for the EX.

Yeah Sioux Falls the only airport in the world where you can actually buy ammunition and a hat with antlers for your mother in law.

Hi all. We ordered May 3rd and Corey says we have the same 4 wheel drive constraint. We want in on the convoy! We didn't know about using a high volume dealer and frankly, I am more annoyed by our dealership with each interaction. We placed the order and made down payment May 3rd. So far no DORA, no order verification/order invoice, nada. We finally called Customer Service and they were able to get an order number and dealer id and with that Cory was able to verify the order, color, engine and drive train. That's literally all we have right now. I am soooo aggravated with this place! I don't even trust them to drive the car off the truck at this point. It makes no sense to me that its this hard to get a simple verification of what we ordered. Apparently they had to order through a regional rep, which seems to require a journey to Mordor. Cory's update did a lot to put us at ease and then this latest brake snaffu with our Fusion wound up tracing back to a service they did (turns out we were missing more than just the brake fluid...whole parts fell off)...we are done! If we had not been in a remote area we could have been hurt or hurt someone else as we had no brakes, including E brake. Still love Ford and still excited about our Explorer. But if we could rescind the order and start over with another dealership, I would be elated.

However, I get why the plant would have to do things to ensure the highest efficiency while building the cars. That means that some level of prediction would have to be determined well in advance of a production run. After all parts aren't just made in a replicator on demand then fired down a jefferies tube to the waiting production station.

Since95, your inner Trekkie is showing. Live long and prosper.

Apparently they had to order through a regional rep, which seems to require a journey to Mordor

We all know that "One does not simply drive into Mordor".

All I want is my Precious.

drive_into_mordor.png

Since95...not only can we get ammunition but the shotgun as well right outside of security. Have to love the small town airports and hunting season.

liratoad...i feel for you with that dealer, I know that they can change and/or cancel the orders up until the VIN is assigned. However with your experience it doesn't sound like that would even be an easy endeavor with that dealer.

hopefully we will all be posting pictures of our new beauties soon!
You will be annoyed by the number of pictures I post (including coming off the car carrier if I am here when it arrives)...
...Though, I should probably just work on my patience :)
We all know that "One does not simply drive into Mordor".

All I want is my Precious...
I'm not sure what my whole hold up was...
...Apparently they had to order through a regional rep, which seems to require a journey to Mordor...
“Your preciouses” will be ready before you guys know it! ;)

...BTW: Cory I sent you a PM a couple of days ago. Looks like you are busier than a one armed wall paper hanger.
Since95,

You can say that again! I’m keeping pretty busy. :eek:

Same situation here, same color Limited...
boss7t,

I got your PM, but I haven’t had a chance to answer it yet. I usually answer PMs in the afternoon, so expect a reply soon.

Cory

ordered my Ex on 4-24, still no Vin, 2wd, 2nd row captains chairs, dual moonroof, called customer service today and nothing, order shows to be in

ordered my Ex on 4-24, still no Vin, 2wd, 2nd row captains chairs, dual moonroof, called customer service today and nothing, order shows to be in

XLT or Limited? XLT 2nd row bucket seats are not being built until July 9 (at earliest) so I am sure you would not get the vin right away either. Just curious which you ordered.

Limited, wonder what the hold up is?

sent Cory a PM, hopefully find something out

sent Cory a PM, hopefully find something out
There are a couple requests before yours, mkeane; I’ll get a reply to you within a few of days. :)

...XLT 2nd row bucket seats are not being built until July 9 (at earliest) so I am sure you would not get the vin right away either...
That’s correct, RonJrSVCMGR; thanks for helping out.

Cory

My window sticker popped up today! Whoop!Whoop! Hopefully this means we are getting close!

Congrats!! Your new ride should be rolling off the line early next week. Wont be long now until you do your first :burnout:

:salute:

Just wanted to add my experience here for any future buyers

-Ordered 5/14/12
-Modified order on 5/29/12 - was able to remove accessories (dvd, bumper protector, wheel locks) and add bucket seats with console. Could not remove polished wheels
-Built 6/4/12
-Promised 6/18/12
-Arrived 6/14/12

So built 3 weeks after order and arrived 10 days after being built

EDIT: This was Limited with Ruby Red, polished wheels, dual moonroof, bucket seats, rear console, 302A

Just wanted to add my experience here for any future buyers

-Ordered 5/14/12
-Modified order on 5/29/12 - was able to remove accessories (dvd, bumper protector, wheel locks) and add bucket seats with console. Could not remove polished wheels
-Built 6/4/12
-Promised 6/18/12
-Arrived 6/14/12

So built 3 weeks after order and arrived 10 days after being built

EDIT: This was Limited with Ruby Red, polished wheels, dual moonroof, bucket seats, rear console, 302A

Congrats!!! ended up cancelling my order :( found one on the lot identical to what i ordered except it doesnt have polished wheels, going to pick it up on Monday :D wanna trade wheels:)

My window sticker popped up today! Whoop!Whoop! Hopefully this means we are getting close!
That’s great, Mrs.Kane! You can stop refreshing the window sticker URL now. ;)

Just wanted to add my experience here for any future buyers...Modified order on 5/29/12 - was able to remove accessories (dvd, bumper protector, wheel locks) and add bucket seats...
I bet you love those bucket seats, phareous! :)

...found one on the lot identical to what i ordered except it doesnt have polished wheels, going to pick it up on Monday :D wanna trade wheels:)
Have you picked up your new ride yet, mkeane? :D

Cory

Just got home with it, drove 4.5 hours home in it, Love It :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back