Build Time on a '13 Limited? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Build Time on a '13 Limited?

Cory let me know that I also have the "4 WHL L/H FULL TIME DRIVE ( DR--F )" plant constraint problem. My dealer emailed me yesterday and said he talked with someone in customer service that said it should be built next week and delivered within two weeks following that. I am a little skeptical of this since I don't think the VIN has been issued but we shall see :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mrs.Kane, I believe Cory since I had my vin in 6 days and I have the same set-up in regards to "4whl l/h full time drive" in my build. Mine is being built June 4. I believe the three will be built one right after another. You should be able to get a vin number soon though....

Yeah my money is on Cory as well. I must have read nearly every post in this forum -- I need my head examined. Cory appears to never be wrong. It looks like when someone thinks he's wrong they're mistaken.

Oh, I wasn't doubting cory :) I was doubting way my dealer told me!

How far in advance are VIN's issued and how long have you experience for time from order to lot?

Mrs. Kane - here's my order process:

ordered 2/20
VIN 3/7
Built 3/23
Original ETA 3/26
Then 3/28
Finally arrived 4/11
Picked up 4/13.

Just shy of 7 weeks total. There was a shipping/outprocessing backup for a bit which mine got stuck in.

Well Mrs. Kane. Looks like its you, me, Sioux Falls, and Junior with the plant constraint. Just got word from Cory via pm.

It's funny how news like that can make you happy but I'm just beaming knowing that someone at the plant is aware that they need to build mine. That's like finishing a glass of scotch that a fly landed in but being ok with it because none of the parts fell off. I'm so excited that I swallowed the fly and I really don't know why!!!

Thanks Cory for the news!

All ...looks like things are looking up for us...at least for me. I just got a call from my dealer that they have proivided a VIN and a build week of June 11th. I should be getting more specifics in the next week on this.

I'm hoping this means that all of our EXs will be built that week! Would put our delivery by Independence day...

Jim

My build date is the week of June 4th, so they will be close to each other on the assembly line. Hope all goes well for the group!

:chug:

I just got a call from my dealer that they have proivided a VIN and a build week of June 11th.
Still no VIN # for me don't cha know (Wifey is from Sioux Falls also).

I'm hoping this means that all of our EXs will be built that week! Would put our delivery by Independence day...
I'm hoping that your prediction is true.

My build date is the week of June 4th, so they will be close to each other on the assembly line. Hope all goes well for the group!

10-4 rubber duck. I think we got ourselves a CONVOY!

hopefully we will all be posting pictures of our new beauties soon!

You will be annoyed by the number of pictures I post (including coming off the car carrier if I am here when it arrives).... It will be "Follow Storm Trooper" as it journeys all over....

Hi all!

I am going on 4 weeks now awaiting my VIN on my new Black on Black 2013 Explorer Limited.
Looking at some old posts and in other threads, it looks like some people get VIN's in 2-3 weeks - due to "dealer allocation". Does anyone know a high volume dealer in Ohio, that could maybe supply a VIN quicker. I'm not sure how long mine may take?
Though, I should probably just work on my patience :)

Got my vin in 6 DAYS.... and that was after correcting the order, which delayed it at least a day or two.... something is wrong....

:hammer:

Hi all!

I am going on 4 weeks now awaiting my VIN on my new Black on Black 2013 Explorer Limited.
Looking at some old posts and in other threads, it looks like some people get VIN's in 2-3 weeks - due to "dealer allocation". Does anyone know a high volume dealer in Ohio, that could maybe supply a VIN quicker. I'm not sure how long mine may take?
Though, I should probably just work on my patience :)

Same situation here, same color Limited. Order was supposed to be submitted on May 4.

Same situation with me as well except I ordered on April 30 and still no VIN. There is a plant constraint on the order. Is everyone's a 4WD?

I know Sioux Falls' has to be. That would be like buying hip waders to walk through the desert otherwise.

I keep hearing this constraint on 4wd, but I ordered mine May 11, 2012 and had a vin on May 17, 2012..... I expect to see my window sticker Monday June 4, 2012 and it to be built June 10, 2012 (a month from my ORDER date)..... CORY!!!!!!

Yeah it kinda smells funny. Is it because the dealer's order isn't or won't get picked up that the VIN isn't issued?

If that's the case I find it a bit rediculous that a special order (basically a vehicle that is already sold) is subject to allocation at all. Another dealer getting a stock order while my sold order is not being picked up tastes like a fish milk shake. This can't be true.

However, I get why the plant would have to do things to ensure the highest efficiency while building the cars. That means that some level of prediction would have to be determined well in advance of a production run. After all parts aren't just made in a replicator on demand then fired down a jefferies tube to the waiting production station.

It would be a disaster to have to shut down the line even for a short period of time. The labor bill would be astronomical.

I have a call into my dealer to see if I'm playing an allocation game. I'm going to give them the old Kobayashi Maru test.

BTW: Cory I sent you a PM a couple of days ago. Looks like you are busier than a one armed wall paper hanger.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not sure what my whole hold up was, however I have a friend that has a Ford Dealership in Minnesota that I get all my vehicles from. Order was submitted 2/7 (yes...Feb 7th) and didn't receive my VIN until May 24th. It was hard to tell the hold up on things, however the last was the 4WD, which is a must, especially for hunting season. Still haven't found a gun rack accessory for the EX.

Back