• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• We are aware of the issue with our internal search engine and we will be bringing it back online shortly. For now please use the Google search bar near the top of each page. Thanks, Rick
^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Build your Wrangler fighter here!

Limited02

Reaction score
City, State
Gardner, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Limited V8
HOLY OLD THREAD BATMAN!!!!!!! :D Since I am here, I'd say use the Escape with:
3.5 V6
Rock sliders
Straight axles with king coilovers
4:56 gears with F/R electric lockers
33" tires
ARB style front bumper with 8,000lbs winch
Safari rack with 4 flood lights
Waterproof seats with rubber coated flooring for easy cleaning

EDIT: Something like this:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

exsport1211

Reaction score
City, State
las vegas nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford explorer sport
how about add turbo diesel to that for the economy

HOLY OLD THREAD BATMAN!!!!!!! :D Since I am here, I'd say use the Escape with:
3.5 V6
Rock sliders
Straight axles with king coilovers
4:56 gears with F/R electric lockers
33" tires
ARB style front bumper with 8,000lbs winch
Safari rack with 4 flood lights
Waterproof seats with rubber coated flooring for easy cleaning

EDIT: Something like this:D

X6StringerX

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
I think the Escape would be the perfect size. However, it would need quite a bit of tweaking. Instead of it being FWD based like it currently is, I would like to see it be RWD based so that 4WD engages the front wheels rather than the rear wheels. A strong frame would also be a must. Ford's 3.5 V6 would provide ample power.

Another interesting idea would be to slightly lengthen the Bronco concept so that suicide style half doors could be included to make hauling passengers a little easier. I know this will annoy the Bronco purists, but I would absolutely love to have something like this as a daily driver.

GJarrett

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Chief GPS'um and Still Lost Native Texan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
Wow, talk about bringing up an old thread! Another problem with the Escape is the low mount alternator.... it can't dive into anything deeper than a small puddle. I did get very excited about that Bronco concept vehicle, too bad nothing came of it.

Limited02

Reaction score
City, State
Gardner, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Limited V8
Dudes, the Escape I described would be a factory built off-roader that Ford would build. So in other words, it would be ready to kick a wrangler's ass in deep mud and tall rocks. Basically it would be better than the Jeep Rubicon which is saying A LOT!!!

damarble

Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport Trac 5.0L manual
Interesting reading this thread, started before the Bronco concept came out. If they had decided to produce it and make a TDI available, I would already have one with a SAS.

One funny thing was watching people argue about whether it should be a two or four door, and now it turns out the four door Wrangler is selling like hotcakes.