Build your Wrangler fighter here! | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Build your Wrangler fighter here!

HOLY OLD THREAD BATMAN!!!!!!! :D Since I am here, I'd say use the Escape with:
3.5 V6
Rock sliders
Straight axles with king coilovers
4:56 gears with F/R electric lockers
33" tires
ARB style front bumper with 8,000lbs winch
Safari rack with 4 flood lights
Waterproof seats with rubber coated flooring for easy cleaning

EDIT: Something like this:D
download

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how about add turbo diesel to that for the economy

HOLY OLD THREAD BATMAN!!!!!!! :D Since I am here, I'd say use the Escape with:
3.5 V6
Rock sliders
Straight axles with king coilovers
4:56 gears with F/R electric lockers
33" tires
ARB style front bumper with 8,000lbs winch
Safari rack with 4 flood lights
Waterproof seats with rubber coated flooring for easy cleaning

EDIT: Something like this:D
download

I think the Escape would be the perfect size. However, it would need quite a bit of tweaking. Instead of it being FWD based like it currently is, I would like to see it be RWD based so that 4WD engages the front wheels rather than the rear wheels. A strong frame would also be a must. Ford's 3.5 V6 would provide ample power.

Another interesting idea would be to slightly lengthen the Bronco concept so that suicide style half doors could be included to make hauling passengers a little easier. I know this will annoy the Bronco purists, but I would absolutely love to have something like this as a daily driver.

Wow, talk about bringing up an old thread! Another problem with the Escape is the low mount alternator.... it can't dive into anything deeper than a small puddle. I did get very excited about that Bronco concept vehicle, too bad nothing came of it.

Dudes, the Escape I described would be a factory built off-roader that Ford would build. So in other words, it would be ready to kick a wrangler's ass in deep mud and tall rocks. Basically it would be better than the Jeep Rubicon which is saying A LOT!!!

Interesting reading this thread, started before the Bronco concept came out. If they had decided to produce it and make a TDI available, I would already have one with a SAS.

One funny thing was watching people argue about whether it should be a two or four door, and now it turns out the four door Wrangler is selling like hotcakes.

Back