For Sale - Built 1971 Ford Bronco Rock Crawler | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Built 1971 Ford Bronco Rock Crawler

Paraphoe

Go big or go home
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Willow Grove, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
Posting for a friend, really nice truck. I've ridden shotgun on a couple of runs with him up in Rausch. Anyone looking for a built Bronco, give it a look. If you're interested, shoot me a PM.

"I'm listing my 1971 Ford Bronco Rock Crawler for sale. To my friends, no worries, I still have the Blue Bronco and want to spend some more time with that.

This is a pretty much rust free truck! Can't say the same about dents in the body panels from numerous slides against the tress here on the East Coast. This truck is solidly built for Rock Crawling here on the East Coast and I have run it on trails at Tellico, Paragon, Rausch Creek and even made it out to the Hammers in Ca a couple years ago for the KOH race to pit for a friend. That was a blast, we got to run the truck across the desert pretty fast and the truck handled it well.

I have had this truck since 2002 and I got it as a basket case, brought it home in boxes and coffee cans, 2 bolts held it down to the frame. I have replaced bushings, gaskets and any part that looked like it might fail. I have only had a couple break downs with this truck over the years on the trail and usually have no issues while wheeling. The truck is pretty much a point and shoot truck - it goes where you point it!

It is a 1971 with a stock 302, I have replaced the valve seals a few years ago due to smoke in the exhaust, replaced the water pump just because and it still has a stock 2 barrel carburetor but that runs extremely well off camber so I just leave it alone. Replaced the points with a Pertronix electronic Ignition unit and works flawlessly. Truck starts up every time even after letting it sit for months. Put a 3G alternator on there a few years back. Oil Pressure is good, I have a Oil Pressure Gauge mounted on the roll cage bar along with a Water Temp gauge, Voltage Gauge and Fuel Gauge. These are all digital gauges that give XX type readings. Speedo still works but switched over to the digital gauges. Fuel tank is an aluminum 8 gal unit with a electric fuel pump on the frame rail. There is a fuel shut off switch installed on the dash. Electrical system has been just replaced with a new Centech harness, ignition switch, brake switch, emergency flasher switch and such.

Has a newer radiator and no cooling issues. Just replaced the heater core and hoses along with the heater tube that comes out of the manifold as it was rusted out and leaked.

Replaced the frame when I first started working on the truck, no visible VIN on the replacement frame, Frame was stripped down by hand and treated with Eastwood rust encapsulator and painted over.

Replaced the stock transmission with a NP435 and rebuilt the transfer case with a Terra Low gear kit combined with 4.56 gears makes this truck crawl great. Clutch was replaced a few years ago. Setup for Twin Sticks, does a nice front dig!

Front axle is a Dana 44 with Detroit locker, Yukon alloy axle shafts and Yukon Super Joints. Warn Premium Locking Hubs. Cage Off Road long arms. Tom Woods custom drive shaft. PSC Steering pump with reservoir and cooler for the Ram assist steering

Rear Axle is a Big Bearing Ford 9" with full spool, 31 spline Yukon alloy axles and a Duffs 4 Link suspension. Tom Woods custom drive shaft.

Truck has James Duff power brake kit, Disc up front and Drums to the rear. Power steering with a rebuilt stock box ported for a Redneck Ram assist steering which is installed on the front axle.

I have 5 Maxxis Creepy Crawler 37" x 12.5 -15 tires on Basic Beadlock rims. Tires are still in very good shape with lots of tread left.

Home made Front Prerunner Bumper with Light tabs and winch plate. Truck comes with Milemarker winch and 100ft of synthetic rope. Has a winch controller in the cab of the truck prewired so no looking for the hand held unit although I have that too.

Rear bumper is home made basic prerunner style.

Interior is pretty basic, Full six point roll cage, tied into the frame at the four front points. Corbeau extra wide seats that are tied into the roll cage and feature adjustable mounting points on the roll cage. 4 point shoulder harness on both seats. Stock rear seat with seat belts. There is a place for a CB radio to be mounted above the front seats on the roll cage. Also features an interior light. Windshield wipers work. Good front glass.

Has BC Broncos Q Panel protectors on it and they have held up very well along with a set of 1/4" thick rocker panel protectors.

All in all this is a solid truck and you can take it right out and go rock crawling today with no issues. I have the title and glove box door.

Price starts at $11,000.00 and located just outside Philadelphia Pa

Take a look, let me know, feel free to ask questions."

21977_1283202171659_7730372_n.jpg

21977_1283202211660_202856_n.jpg

21977_1283202371664_587797_n.jpg

21977_1283202451666_7856102_n.jpg

21977_1283203451691_1802726_n.jpg

Back