Built Ford TOUGH! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Built Ford TOUGH!

Built Ford TOUGH! (Pics Added)

Well, Tuesday morning on the way to work, my wife and I were hit in her car. She was driving when a red Pontiac Grand Am jumped into our lane, my wife swerved to avoid him, but he did not stop coming. He hit us, causing us to go into the concrete center divider wall at about 60mph. We then bounced off of the wall and slid through 3 lanes of traffic coming to a stop on the right shoulder.

We both walked away! We went to the hospital to get checked out, She and our baby due in August are OK. She bit her tongue pretty bad, sprained her wrist on the steering wheel. I smashed my ribs on the center console, they were not broken, but man do they hurt! (especially when coughing, sneezing or laughing)

The Taurus, well, it's not so good. The airbags did not deploy because we did not hit directly on the front, though the front is completely destroyed. The whole drivers side is pancaked, both headlights, bumper, core support, hood, windshiled, LF wheel and suspension and the passenger door is hit from the other car. If I had to guess, at 60mph, we probably bent the frame so it might be toast!

I will try to get some pics of it, it is at the other drivers insurance company (Geico) lot right now. I don't know if they will let me take pictures of it. I am going to try.

Attachments

• Taurus LF.jpg
    Taurus LF.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 546
  • Taurus RF.jpg
    Taurus RF.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 527
  • Taurus LR.jpg
    Taurus LR.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 508

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My grandpa has an 04 Grand Prik and I hate it. Aside from the fact that it a GM product, it is fugly IMO. AND his is that bright orange metallic with funky looking wheels. Granted, it is balsey, but it's not for me.

The wrong way drivers are crazy here, they found that 2 of them were trying to commit suicide though. 1 succeeded, they cought the other one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ohio drivers are good, just not columbus drivers. Michigan drivers suck...just like they're state and football team lol ;)

Anyways chris, hows your ribs?

Still sore, everybody I talk to that has had bruised/broken ribs says that it takes anywhere from 2-6 weeks to heal. Not what I wanted to hear. I'll just keep eating my ranger candy and suck it up.

I'm going to the International auto show with my buddy today to see what's out there. I'm leaning more towards a Lincoln LS though.

Hey there I lived in Michigan they are not that bad......they do go a bit fast...as do I. But Ohio Drives piss me off at times. Alot of them cut you off go way way to slow when the weather is perfectly fine and they are scazred to drive in snow(at least around me) I love driving in snow.....It is fun.....but Chris I went to the atuo show(i went to the one in detroit) and the Lincon Ls was one fine looking car especially with the V8.

Yeah, my parents have a Black 02 V8 that they have had for 2 years and they love it. My mother never washed a car in her life until she got that car. Now she takes it to the car wash weekly. LOL, if thats any indication of how much somebody likes a car.

Ohio gets a strange mix of drivers. Michigan drivers fly, PA drivers crawl, Kentucky drivers are drunk, WV drivers are slow and drunk, and IN drivers are just goofey. We kind of have a melting pot from all of our surrounding states.

The worst drivers I've seen was the 3 or 4 times that I have been through Chicago. Those MF's fly 100 Mph between the toll boths jumping 3, 4, 5 lanes of traffic at a time! It's insane!

try NYC drivers......i drove through there with a jetta GLI 6-speed it was fing rediculous.

Well, I went and test drove some cars today. I test drove a 2003 Volvo S60 2.5T, boring!!!!!! I test drove a 2003 Jaguar XType 3.0AWD, a little too plush for my taste. I couldin't find any Lincoln LS's at open stealerships. The search continues...

what about a beemer? 3.30? or a 5.25...maby not your style? What about an Audi A6(a few years old)? But can get away from those LS's got to love the V8.

If you were a little closer, my dad has a really nice Dark Blue 03 Jag XJ6 for sale....

XJ6? isn't that the one with the 8' long nose? My wife would never be able to part that. LOL

chriswells78 said:
XJ6? isn't that the one with the 8' long nose? My wife would never be able to part that. LOL

Nah, that's the XJ12 or the XJ8L. My dad's is the shorter one...I oopsed..its an XJ8 with the 4.0V8 in it. It looks like the one below but in dark blue with a white leather interior and burled walnut trim.
02101771.jpg

02101771a.jpg

02101771b.jpg

02101771c.jpg

That one is not quite sporty enough for my taste.

we went and looked at this one today after work.
91757284.186046863.IM1.02.240x180_A.240x180.jpg

They want 17 for it on autotrader. V8, light grey leather, all the toys. We didn't test drive it because I really want my wife to test drive it because it will be primarily her car. Her wrist is still hurt from the wreck and she won't drive with one hand sooooo......I have to wait another week or so for her hand to heal before we test drive anything. She did like the way it felt to sit in though, so that is a positive. She also liked the fact that it had preset seating adjustments. That is one thing that we are constantly fussing with eachother about. Like any couple that is 6'2" and 5'9" LOL

chriswells78 said:
That one is not quite sporty enough for my taste.

we went and looked at this one today after work.
91757284.186046863.IM1.02.240x180_A.240x180.jpg

They want 17 for it on autotrader. V8, light grey leather, all the toys. We didn't test drive it because I really want my wife to test drive it because it will be primarily her car. Her wrist is still hurt from the wreck and she won't drive with one hand sooooo......I have to wait another week or so for her hand to heal before we test drive anything. She did like the way it felt to sit in though, so that is a positive. She also liked the fact that it had preset seating adjustments. That is one thing that we are constantly fussing with eachother about. Like any couple that is 6'2" and 5'9" LOL
If you get it you'll love the memory seats especially if they are programmed to the remote. Just hit unlock on your remote and the seats, mirrors, steering automatically adjust for you. I'm 6'3" and my wife is 5'3" so it's kind of a big deal for us.

Pics added to the original post.

chriswells78 said:
The worst drivers I've seen was the 3 or 4 times that I have been through Chicago. Those MF's fly 100 Mph between the toll boths jumping 3, 4, 5 lanes of traffic at a time! It's insane!

my speedo is off in my truck so i always think people are going way to slow. i was driving my moms car today and semis were jamming both lanes and i was like, "ugh" till i looked down and saw i was doing 80 :D so who knows how fast i woulda been going if the semi wasn't there, and i was just going with hammer lane traffic flow. and i do that jump 3,4,5 lanes thing so i can go through the i-pass in the far left and then get off at the next exit.

Back