Built Ford Tough? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Built Ford Tough?

I think the 2000 is his replacement

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by theoutlawtorn14
I took it to CARS on 31. but I think the insurance company said I can only take it to CARS or B&B.. both on 31.. I'm gonna try and get another estimane..but cuz of insurance all we pay is the 500 deductable..

You probably didn't notice it because it is so small.. I don't think there is any way it's 3500 in damage.. I'm gonna look at it tonight and hopefully I can talk my mom into getting another estimate, but I don't think she will...
Took my Ranger to CARS, they do good work, but they are theives. They mark down every potential thing that may have to be fixed, so they can pocket extra change, if they find that the repair doesn't have to be made. example, fender replaced, repainted. "blend hood and door, $250 labor" or some BS, never blended anything. Oh, well, I'd almost suggest going to Hunterdon Central's Auto Body class, they do pretty decent work, although I'm not sure about details.
Good Luck,
Shaun

totalled the '95. the 2k is the replacement. and thanks for the compliment, tarheels!

Kinda off subject but it is getting pretty ridiculous IMHO with the way they try fixing ''newer'' model cars. My friend had a head on collision a couple ofmonths ago on his 2001 Grand Am GT and the whole front end was smashed in almost into the windshield. I don't know much about what it takes to total it, but the damage done to it was pretty much half the cost (if not more, i forgot) of the car. Why don't they just total it? Why do they just fix newer model cars?

It sucks getting into accidents, because something will always be wrong with the car.

yeah seriously man check other places, espec. a ford dealer

when they will generally total a vehichle if the cost to repair it is more than 80% of the vehichles worth. Atleast this is what ive heard.

It varies I have heard 60% and 75% as well. I know When I totaled my minivan I think they said that the damage had to be 60% of the vehicles value.

I thought the damage had to be 70% of the vehicle cost. Maybe it varies by insurance or something, because I actually know for a fact that when my friend crashed her Grand Cherokee they told her that if the damage was more than 70% of the value it was totalled.

And get this: they took it to a Jeep dealer, the dealer noted down everything that had to be fixed and the cost, and sent the numbers to the insurance company. The insurance did all the calculations, and the damage totalled to like 69% of the value, but they fixed it anyway :eek:

If I manage to do more than $5k damage to a vehicle (not including window glass cause the prices on that is absurd) I wouldn't want it cause it would never be the same, there would always be little things to drive you crazy.

I hit a beretta or something like that last summer, totaled the car, $3500 worth of damage to my 95 Ranger XL (once again, CARS) I bought the truck for 4770, why was that fixed? Right after I got the truck, it was hit at my schools parking lot, I was on my way out to it, and saw an 86 Camaro wipe out my right front fender, $939 worth of repair then, too, (CARS) luckily, the kid paid for that one.
I don't know, I told my self that I have to take it easy with my new truck, it's not worth the damage, ticket, and insurance hike to get somewhere fast.
Later,
Shaun

my friend had a new hyundai accent (yeah, i know. why would anyone buy one of those) and was hit by a mercury tracer. the engine dropped out (that's a safety feature:rolleyes: ) and both airbags went off. the collision wasnt that bad. the tracer just drove off. but the insurance company totalled his car. i dont think it would cost that much to fix his car. but that's what they decided.

Yeah in my friend's Buick the Engine will drop down if it gets in an accident

To total a vehicle , like some of you said , will varry on the age , condition , millage and make and modle of the vehicle. It boils down to what the car is worth in pre accident condition. It also depends on the insurance company as well. I have seen some cars I thought for sure would total and did not , and some pretty " minor " stuff go to the salvage yard. Some times customers buy their total's back from the insurance company and we go ahead and fix them.

It will never be the same after we fix it. Not really. Our shop warrentys the paint and the repair for the life time of ownership.

my friend had a new hyundai accent (yeah, i know. why would anyone buy one of those) and was hit by a mercury tracer. the engine dropped out (that's a safety feature ) and both airbags went off. the collision wasnt that bad. the tracer just drove off. but the insurance company totalled his car. i dont think it would cost that much to fix his car. but that's what they decided.

If the motor dropped out i can see why they totalled it!

Back