Bulb problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bulb problem

I know that the bulb size for the blinkers are 3157...I also saw that for the parking light is size 194 but the guy at advanced auto parts told me the 3157 will also fit in there is that true?

Alsoi would like to get a set of LEDs for my brake lights when i get my clear taillights...i gotta order them so am i still ordering light size 3157 but just in an LED?..or is there something special?

Thanx

Jay

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your blinkers are the 3157 (4) The side markers that dont blink are the 194 type.

Your probably going to be useing the same light sockets, 3157 w/the new taillights so the LED would be 3157.
Nothing special I know of. Anyone else???

Ok thanx for the LED question...but i dont understand why the guy at adavnced auto parts would look it up ans say the 3157 would fit for the parkin lights....ill find out 2moorrw when i got to the store...but im sure your right im not questioning u just the auto part guy..

Jay

Who knows? He may be equating "parking lights" w/blinkers and not "marker lights".

Am i getting this right that the 194 bulb is the very small one correct?..Does anyone know if they make the 194 bulb i need for the parking lights in the silverstars cause i got all the others and if i cant find these bulbs my stuff will be all crapped up

jay

Havent seen marker bulbs like that. You may need LEDs.

Back