Bull bar for 2nd generation Explorer in UK | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bull bar for 2nd generation Explorer in UK

Vernonsaville

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
199 Ford Explorer
Can't find a bull bar for my '99 Explorer - will the Ranger bull bar fit?
They look the same but not sure of the chassis mountings.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm looking for one in CA if anyone has a good lead.

Can't find a bull bar for my '99 Explorer - will the Ranger bull bar fit?
They look the same but not sure of the chassis mountings.

I'm not 100% sure but I think the ranger frame is different and it won't bolt up. Now maybe you can make brackets to make it work, but I' not sure it fits the contour of the Explorer properly.

I'm looking for one in CA if anyone has a good lead.

Check your local scrap yards. I found mine in a local u pull for 35 bucks. It was dented and a bit rusted but I cleaned it up and it looks halfway decent now.

20140523_082440_zps58949b43.jpg

I thought you'd like to see mine.

Damn. That's a hell of a bar. Looks like you could drive through a wall with that thing :thumbsup:

Damn. That's a hell of a bar. Looks like you could drive through a wall with that thing :thumbsup:

I haven't hit a 'roo with it yet even though I've done all sorts of driving at times when they're out and about.

No, instead I hit one with my BMW just outside of the city.

Hitting a 'roo is our version of hitting a deer.

I haven't hit a 'roo with it yet even though I've done all sorts of driving at times when they're out and about.

No, instead I hit one with my BMW just outside of the city.

Hitting a 'roo is our version of hitting a deer.

Yeah a friend of mine took a vacation out to your neck of the woods and managed to hit one in the short time he was there.

Back