Bulldog Remote Start and Keyless Entry | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bulldog Remote Start and Keyless Entry

chunkydunky

Reaction score
City, State
Spokane, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello All I am a new owner of a 98 Explorer XLT 4.0l I just recently installed the bulldog remote starter and keyless entry, the remote start works great but the keyless entry isnt working. when i purchased the vehicle i just received 1 key and no key fobs, are there any tricks to or advise anyone could give me.

Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IF you connect the bulldog system to the right wires (in the quarter panel), it will work (assuming you have the rest of the system... ie. unlock/lock buttons and corresponding relays).... the bulldog system provides grounds to the appropriate relay to cause the unlock / lock function.... at least that's how my bulldog system works... but I think there are some option for other operation.

I followed the directions to the T. The only thing i can think of is that there may be another security system installed in the vehicle, but i am not sure. I see that there are Clifford stickers on the driver and passenger side windows but I couldnt find any trace of one.

And this is why I do not buy vehicles that already have aftermarket security systems in them... **** will always bite ya in the ass.

the system is quite simple.... get out a meter and check to see if anything is happening... that's your best bet in getting it working.

Which system did you get.. It'll help diagnose issues.

I installed the model rs1300 (eBay special) w/ the 791 bypass module.

Hey blee just wondering what you thought I still have no luck

Back