Bullit Wheels on a X | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bullit Wheels on a X

Hi! I am sorry if this question has been asked before but here goes. I am looking into buying some mustang bullit wheels and tires and i am having some trouble finding the right one. I went on e-bay and found a replica mustang wheel ... the seller says the wheel will also fit the explorers. i searched a little more and i found another replica wheel that sells cheaper but this one says nothing about if they fit the explorer .... so i e-mailed the seller and got no response from him ... so now i have come here to ask for your help. here are the two links ... the first one is for the one that is advertised to fit the explorers and the second is the one i am having trouble with.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2437968126&category=43958&rd=1
and the second :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2437776987&category=43958&rd=1

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They should. Mustang and explorer wheels are the same minus the backspacing. The rear hub on mustangs vs. explorer is the exact same i beleive.

Bullit's will fit on your explorer there are a couple of members here with them.

Also Explorer Express carriers some rims that If not are, they look jstu liek the bullits.

PEACE

Was that you who won the chrome Bullit at $839? Those wheels are hot! I hope you got 'em. I wanna see them on the Explorer and see how nice they look.

Just make sure you don't run too wide of a tire with those rims or you'll have some rubbing on the upper control arm (points to spas). ;)

Search... Members have them here, and I believe Spas is one of them

Thanks for all of your reply's and no i have not won anthing on ebay YET!!! ... i was waiting for an answer from you guys and now that i have one i will get on it. But, one more concern ... the seller finally e-mailed me back and said that these will not fit my car and that he does not make any rims for explorers. well ... i guess he just doesn't now that mustangs wheels will fit explorers. Maybe i should tell him ? OH YEAH, what exactly is back space. i guess what i am asking is if i buy the bullit wheels and tires can i just throw them on or will i need to fix some things ? I am very new to this subject so forgive me for all the stupid questions
Thanks for everybodys help.

I'm sure that the guy knows they will fit, but he probably doesn't want to be liable for anything on a explorer because of the firestone thing issue.

Another question though, I was looking at the polished mach 1's, and i see that their offset was +26mm. (i think the bullets are +24). Anyways, with proper tire selection, could the machs fit on my sport with out spacers? Thanks for any replies.

all of the various real/replica bullitt's are the same. the 17x8's all have a 5.7" backspacing, and will fit fine. spa's tires rubbed because she ran a huge tire. go with a 255/60/17 and they will fit like a glove.

The mach I 17"s are actually 9" wide and have 6.1" backspacing though

well then, that is the same as the 17x9 1995 Cobra R's. i can tell you they will probably rub on the lower control arm... and the tire MAY rub on the swaybar depending on what size tire you go with. i would personally go with the bullitts, but im not a fan of the MachI's so im biased. :)

Thanks for your help James T :chug:

What about 18" bullit rims ... will those fit to or are 17 better

the 18's would fit better in theory... you wouldnt have much rubbing on the lower control arm issues. however, if im not mistaken, the 18" bullitts are an 18x9. this could still cause some rubbing, although it would only be slight. if i were buying them, i would go with the 18's.

We have the Bullit Replicar wheels at Explorer Express. They are only available in 17" x 9". They are the correct offset (+24mm) for Explorers and they fit with no spacers 2WD / AWD / 4WD.

Special Price for Explorer Forum Members......$154.95 ea + shipping

Attachments

• bullit painted web.jpg
    bullit painted web.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 600

We also have them available in chrome.

Special Price for Explorer Forum Members...........$259.95 ea + shipping

Attachments

• bullit chrome web.jpg
    bullit chrome web.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 606

thanks for the quick reply james ... but will i need to buy wheel spacers to mick them fit

Originally posted by JOHN V.
They are only available in 17" x 9". They are the correct offset (+24mm) for Explorers and they fit with no spacers 2WD / AWD / 4WD.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my question was NOT regarding the ones JOHN V. is selling but the ones i put a link to on e-bay ... and on
e-bay they have them in 18" but theres are +26mm with a 6.11 backspace. will it be a problem since they are +26mm with the 6.11 backspace and will i need to buy spacers?

Back