• Register Today It's free!

Bumper Brackets...

yourmoma717

Reaction score
City, State
Norfolk, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 SPORT
I just installed a 3'' body lift on my exp. and obviously the bumper brackets are useless, i did some drilling and make the front ones work, but for the rear, should I jut buy other bumper brackets, and if so, where do i get them from?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I picked up a 30 pack of Coors light and gave it to the guy at the local metal shop to cut some for me on his CNC machine.
I sent him a Cad file and they were done that afternoon.
I found the drawings and dimensions by searching this forum

Call around?

bumperbracket.jpg

thanks, and i like that ford emblem over the mercury one

here is the rear
1097rear_bumper_lift_brackets.jpg

Ahh.. lets takes a set back here first.. your profile says you have a 92.. if you do those brackets won't fit cause the front end mounting is different between 91-94 & 95-01

I picked up a 30 pack of Coors light and gave it to the guy at the local metal shop to cut some for me on his CNC machine.
I sent him a Cad file and they were done that afternoon.
I found the drawings and dimensions by searching this forum

Call around?

bumperbracket.jpg

that really worked thats awesome!!!!

why are all these 95 up guys giving info on the 91-94 board ? and bad info at that ! lol.... all you need to do is oddlong the holes and cut some slits in the back bumder brackets to fit the ones that come with the kit

my bumpers look ok....

Picture138.jpg

arn't the rear bumpers the same for the first and second gen?

Yep, up to '97 IIRC... they're all interchangable... I saw that in another thread...

Back