Front Suspension: Long Arms from While Horse 4x4
Rear Suspension: Stock Spring, soa, 3" Block
Front Axle: Dana 44, 4.88 gears, Open
Rear Axle: Ford 9", 4.88 gears, Open
Driveshafts: Front: Stock, Rear: Extended 3"
Communications: None other than cell phone
Recovery Equipment: Atlas Winch
Tires/Wheels: 37" Nitto Mud Grapplers. Custom Rims
Exterior: 1970's dodge charger green, Custom front bumper, clear corners, and a few dents
Interior: Ranger front seats, stock rear seats, no carpet, no headliner
Audio: 4 Visonik 12" subs, Hifonics BXI1206D amp, Power Acoustik 5x7's. Clarion head unit
Future Mods: Install new rear bumper, Install Manual 1354 transfer case, sliders, lockers, install cb, and more money wasting things

Stage One: 31's

30743stock2.jpg

30743stock1.jpg

Stage Two: 33's, Superlift 5.5" lift, Warn manual hubs, 5 speed conversion, winch bumper w/ Atlas winch

30743explorer-and-bronco.jpg

30743caves.jpg

30743muddy.jpg

30743front-new-bump.jpg

The Accident and Rebuild:

crunch4.jpg

back.jpg

Stage Three: 36's Tsl Radials, D44/9", 4.88 gears, open f/r, extended ra's.

sas.jpg

final2.jpg

almost-done.jpg

flex2.jpg

burns-water-5.jpg

100_2643.jpg

BurnsCars.jpg

100_2588.jpg

The Paint

Explorer-getting-ready-for-.jpg

Explorer-painted-sublime-gr.jpg

explorer-painted-sublime.jpg

RearHatch.jpg

Explorer-6.jpg

Explorer-21.jpg

Explorer5.jpg

UPDATE 03-27-08

Explorer has not really changes much lately. Got a Lime Green diff cover thanks to JTsmith and thats it.

Explorer-4-032708.jpg

Explorer-3-032708.jpg

Explorer-2-032708.jpg

Explorer-032708.jpg

Natural-E-Brake.jpg

Explorer-on-trails.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah 24k a year is killer on a rig this big... I have not had a big problem. Replaced the rear driveshaft ujoints once. Only needed the very rear one but did them both since i was there. Tires is my only problem haha who would have thought. Got that last killer deal which saved me a ton on that set.

Thanks on the rear graphic. I still got to get the text done. It will soon match the logo at the top of the pages.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

UPDATE

I have recenlty broken my steering and bent a shock all which was done at a off road challenge in TN.

Bent-Shock.jpg

This is the adjustor for the steering.

Broken.jpg

Aslo a new rear bumper and relocated license plate was added tonight. Pic tomm

Here is the new rear bumper. Needs a good coat of flat black but other than that is done. Need to get 2 longer bolts so i can finish attaching the plate to the hatch. Drilled four holes and using locking nuts on the inside to hold it on. Put some stick on insluation on the back of the plate so it does not come in contact with the body.

Oh and my new explorer emblem is on too

New-bumper.jpg

Its actually pretty clean at the moment.

Might be stealing your color when I get my ex painted. No idea when I'm doing that, but hopefully I am soon. I narrowed it down to Lime Green & Neon Orange. Or If I can find Jurassic Park vinyls Ill go with green red and yellow. :p Nice Truck!

Burns i LOVE your truck!...it came along way from being stock!......and superrr love the back hatch with the explorer!....ur truck is awesome....great job!....love the pictures...!:thumbsup:

Hey I just noticed this. Thanks

It has come a long way. Im very happy with it and want to change it a ton. Its a life long project.

Thanks on the hatch too.

UPDATE 07-03-2009

The Explorer has been running great. Still getting a average of 16 mpg every tank. I am very pleased with that. While driving it to SMORR I averaged around 18.5 the whole trip.

Right now there are a few things in the process of happening. I need to get my rims ordered so I can run the new tires that I picked up at SMORR. (Thanks again guys for getting them there for me again and that was how i justified going :) ) I am ordering rims as soon as i can get in contact with roco4x4. They are having a set of black rock wheels (17x9) made for me with a 3.5" backspacing.

I also need to fix my front axle. I managed to loose two ujoint caps during SMORR. I have had this problem since i broke this shaft the first time. I guess its time for a whole new shaft. Oh well no problem. I also have a diff cover bolt broke off. That happened during the off road race that i did in lebanon when i sherred off my steering. No big deal. Ill get it out and a new one in soon.

Here are some recent pic of the explorer:

New tires with child inside

Ethyn.jpg

Loaded on my way back from SMORR. Man the tires were heavy. Three of them four foot off the back of the explorer really made it sag. That and the spare parts i carried.

http://www.explorerforum.com/photopost/data/3797/Heading-to-the-
wash.jpg

Little fun while posing for pic

Explorer-and-bronco.jpg

Hill madness (Stupid tires)

picture.php

Bumper Twist

DSCF4204.jpg

And just for Gman because it keeps showing up

IMG_3621-1.jpg

Jon you will be happy to know that I ordered rims today. It will take about two weeks for them to get to me but they have been ordered.

:)

Here are some teaser pic from today. Just went and played around a little. Nothing major never kicked it into 4wheel.

I have better but they are on a friends camera. Ill get them soon

Mud_Grapplers_2_.JPG

Mud_Grapplers.JPG

The Lime must feel like its in heaven. It is getting some great attention this week. Tires, rims, body trims, and now im cutting on the front bumper. Working on my approach angle.

Hopefully it will have A/C in the next few weeks

Here is the work for this afternoon.

Got the tube bumper and winch off today and put the stock bumper on so I could drive my truck around. Its really strange to have the stock bumper on again. Looks weird.

Temp_Bumper.JPG

Stripped off the winch and winch mounting plate and we went to cutting. Cut it down to bring it closer to the body to help the horrible approach angle I had going on. Also cut the winch mounting plate down so it is the same size as the width of the frame so it can be bolted and welded on.

Bumper_Cutting.JPG

Here it is all cut down and on the trailer. We do not have our bigger welder in the garage yet so we are taking it right down the road to one of our families house to do the deed. Its not the best pic but it will do for now. I forgot and snapped it in the garage with all the lights off.

Bumper_cut_down.JPG

Update 08-22-2009

Here is what I have got done today. The bumper has been pushed back and I trimmed down the winch plate and got it fitted right. Welded and bolted it on. There will be some plating added on for steps in the front.

Pictures go before and after.

30743front-new-side-view.jpg

New_Bumper_Side_Pic.JPG

30743front-new-bump.jpg

Grill_Cut_Out.JPG

Looks sweet man! Keep it up! What coils are you running? (to lazy to look)

Thanks

Im running the whildhorse 5.5 coils. They are good but im not getting enough flex. Its a problem we thought I would have but have not fixed it yet.

When the sas was completed we had to put a little tension on the radius arms to get them to line up right. Well they are binding pretty good and its just not letting anything move. It does ok but I know I can have more out of this set up. Hince the axle will get pushed forward and different joints will be added. I cant remember if they are called superflex joints or what. They are the rebuildable ones that IZ ran on has set up

Sweet! I got big plans for mine... Buying the stuff now.. Ill send you a link when i make the thread in a few weeks. I may have some spare parts, ill hook you up if i have any.

Update 10-08-2009

Here is some pictures from a few weeks ago. Got to play with the tires just a bit and like them in the dirt. Seem grippy so far.

Explorer-Flex-New-Tires-6.jpg

Explorer-Flex-New-Tires-2.jpg

Explorer-Flex-New-Tires-3.jpg

Explorer-Flex-New-Tires-4.jpg

Explorer-Flex-New-Tires-5.jpg

Explorer-Flex-New-Tires.jpg

Back