• Register Today It's free!

Bushings ?Help!

Rob2000XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT
I bought the 7/8 inch bushings fromm www.suspension.com for my new Saleen Rear Sway bar. I think they are G - 5158 or something. Anyway, the individual bushing is one solid piece of polyeurethane. The end of the sway bar is larger then the rest of the bar because of the eyelit for the bolts. How do I get the bushing onto the bar??

Any help on the install would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks in advace for the input,
Rob

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

look very closely...there should be a split in it..Also, you will need some grease to get it to slide over the bar..

Your are right! I hadn't noticed that. Thanks a bunch!
Rob

Okay, I took of the old sway bay and the old brackets, and realized the bracket for the bushings are not long enough. Has anyone else run into this problem. Please advise.
Rob

I know! I know!

check this out...
Dead Link Removed

hope this helps.
-Brad

hmmm.. not long enough? your bushings should be the same as mine, I have a 98. Mine fit fine... the only pain i had in installing the bar was getting the damn bolts off...those things were on tight...

The bushings SHOULD be longer then the bracket..Tighten it down evenly, swapping from end to end.
My Energy suspension bushings were about 1/4 longer then the originals.

Back