Bush's view on the military | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Bush's view on the military

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Remember the pre-election rhetoric? George Dubbya was promising to build up the military because Clinton gutted it. Well now he and his advisors want to gut the military even further. More base closures and most importantly they want to get rid of our nations ability to fight wars on more than one front at a time.

Another duffus idea of theirs is to put all the B-1 bombers in the country on ONE base. One missle and....

I'm not too impressed with these ideas... how about you?

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
yeah thats a great idea...NOT

one attack like pearl harbor one one base and we wouldnt have anymore fighting airplanes!!!!

i dont like bush...i think this is cheney's presidency.
i think bush is unedjumacated

Heath

Elite Moderator Intoxicator
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Rigby, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Excursion (THE BUS)
Hmmm... Gotta admit I don't like hearing that... That it lets start a grassroots letter writing campaign... 1600 Pensylvania Ave... Attn... George Dubya Bush...

We want a military!!!

tbomb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Levittown, NY (Long Island)
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4
hrmm, this is very tempting, but i might just leave it alone...not many people around here seem to have an open mind about anything besides how to build a cold air intake, and i end up wasting my time.

IAMCDN

Reaction score
City, State
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT 4x4 4 Dr **sold**
Whaddya need a military for...you know if anything happens, you are gonna come runnin' to Canada for help from our powerhouse military. ;) :rolleyes:

leenjen

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
in the poconos, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport
wow, lots of political threads lately. that's cool, we needed something different.

i think it's a bad idea putting everything together. a few terrorists could cripple our military. then some unfriendly nation moves in and takes over. it's a scary thought. we all think that the US is such a large country, that we could never be conquered. but history proves that every great empire has fallen.

rustytr

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Leadville, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
It's one thing I hope they don't do. Bush better not let it happen after all the support the military gave him in the election. If it wasn't for them he would still be Gov. Bush. What kind of morons do we have running this country???

JulieEx

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, Fla
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Xlt
How many of you critics have actually served in the military?

JulieEx

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, Fla
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Xlt
Originally posted by jimabena74

Whether you like or dislike someone is your own business; however, when you make statements about not being educated, you are simply wrong. Where did you get your degrees?

jasonb

Jackstand Wheeler
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
you guys have to remember that not everything that happens is bush's fault. the media will portray a lot of stuff that way because he is republican and ther are still bitter about the election and just in general anti-republican. the economy for instance. bush didn't put the economy where it is now. clinton was pres when the economy started the nose dive, and greenspan didn't cut rates early enough and on top of that, he told what cuts would occur.

congress can make things happen and bush can't do anything about it if they are set on it. if they don't pass the spending, bush can't do much about it. i'm not saying this is the case here. i don't think the military should be reduced, even though we are way superior in military to any other country. i really don't think it would hurt the country if the military experienced some cuts, but i don't agree with the principal. if he objected to it as part of his campaign platform, then he should stick to his guns (no pun intended). i don't think he will actually cut military, at least not something ridiculous like put all the bombers on one base. write to your congressman/woman and tell them what you think about issues.

i don't think its outside forces that are the biggest threat. look at what's going on in the country first. ignorance and hate are going to tear the country apart before any other country will have a chance in my opinion. we have a very bad a$$ military, but for the most part, our citizens are weak minded and overall, not too bright. offense intended toward anyone that fits the above description. :) yall have a wonderful day!

above was meant to say "no offense intended..." i left it in so people would know what rick was refering to in a few posts.

tbomb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4
julie, why dont you quit pointing out hypocrises and trying to discredit people (ive been watching you do it in numerous threads lately), and take a stand on an issue. it is the sign of an intelligent person to entertain any thought provided them, not to get argumentative about nothing.

i hold back my opinion on this topic because the same thing will happen that always happens when i make a political post; ill have 10 people in their mid 40's with a conservative view of things telling me i have no "real world experience" and that its not ok for me to have my own thoughts and opinions - i accept this. these people can say and think whatever they want, i simply choose not to deal with it.

but it really irks me to sit back and read these threads and just watch you tell people they are wrong, uneducated, ignorant, etc, without providing an opinion of your own. so, exactly, what is your almighty view?

and by the way, wherever someone got their degree, no matter what its in, or even if someone doesnt have a degree, makes no difference at all. degrees and colleges/universities have no bearing on opinions. if you exist, you can have any opinion you want, and no one can you tell you your opinion is wrong.

tbomb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4
i previously didnt get a chance to read jasonb's reply, and i gotta say, in the last paragraph, hes right. as big of a shame it is, he is right. this country has bigger things to worry about than building more guns and hiring more soldiers.

leenjen

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
in the poconos, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport
Originally posted by JulieEx
How many of you critics have actually served in the military?

i did. United States Air Force.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
"the media will portray a lot of stuff that way because he is republican and ther are still bitter about the election and just in general republican"

Amazing how the press which is so slanted towards the Democrats slaughtered President Clinton from day one. Whether it was Big Macs, health care, or Monica they layed into him like no president before.

"we have a very bad a$$ military, but for the most
part, our citizens are weak minded and overall, not too bright. offense intended toward anyone that fits the above description. yall have a wonderful day!"

Hmm, last time I checked sentences started with capital letters. Does that mean you include yourself in the above statement? I hate to be critical, but...

I voted for Bush, but that doesn't mean I can't be critical of him when he wants to lead the country down the wrong path.

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
I think the media will attack the president no matter who he is. I think the media was much too kind to Clinton in many instances. True they made way too big a deal over stupid things (so he got head from an intern, who cares?) but other things I consider truly criminal (lying to a grand jury about monica, bombing a country to take attention away from monica, etc.) were given not nearly enough press. However, they were also too mean to him in certain instances (I mean, the news making fun of his daughters appearance, thats just stupid)
I wholeheartedly support jena bush's drinking. It makes her seem like a real teenager.
Anyone who says Bush alone is an idiot as anyone who knows politics knows that the presidency is more then one man, the president can only do so many things without approval from many other branches of the government such as the senate, congress, etc..

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
Originally posted by tbomb
and by the way, wherever someone got their degree, no matter what its in, or even if someone doesnt have a degree, makes no difference at all. degrees and colleges/universities have no bearing on opinions. if you exist, you can have any opinion you want, and no one can you tell you your opinion is wrong.

The following statement .....

>>--------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by jimabena74

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whether you like or dislike someone is your own business; however, when you make statements about not being educated, you are simply wrong. Where did you get your degrees?<<

said nothing about having to be educated to have ab ioinion.

Maybe you should READ the comments prior to making such a remark.

jasonb

Jackstand Wheeler
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
"Hmm, last time I checked sentences started with capital letters. Does that mean you include yourself in the above statement? I hate to be critical, but... "

well, it is a lot easier to type without having to use the shift key. is it too hard for you to read that way? I can do it the "correct" way if it makes it easier. really man, that is a bit lame to imply that i'm ignorant because i prefer not to use the shift key. look, i'm not trying be an a$$ about stuff, but it isn't that hard to see that i was generalizing. i obviously didn't mean you as you can't be too ignorant to put this thing together. i also think anyone would have a hard time arguing my statement about the majority of the citizens today are not that brilliant.
yes you can be critical even if you voted for him. its impossible to see what someone will actually do in office once they are there. i do think if someone is critical and really feels that way, they should do something about it such as the simple task of writing or emailing your congressman/woman.
i know people will argue with me that the media is not biased toward democrats. the latest thing to argue that is the way most news stations refer to gary condit as a "right wing democrat" rather than just democrat. rarely is a republican refered to as a "left wing republican" except in voting situations. fox news is the only station in my opinion that is not mostly democratic. they seem to be more libertarian than anything, and that is why i like them!
anyway, i hope nobody really takes offense at stuff i write. i don't pretend to know everything about politics or anything else. well i guess i will let this one rest until i get flamed again! jeez, these political posts give my keyboard a workout. fun fun!
by the way, please tell me if i am offending you. i don't want to make any enemies on this board, its much too nice a place to plan the diminshing of my checking account.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
I didn't intend to flame you. I just wanted to make a point. You stated that for the most part US citizens are weak minded and not too bright. You added that offense is intended. If you or I were perfect then I could understand that statement, but we all have our weak points. For some it's math (me) for others it's using the shift key :)

jasonb

Jackstand Wheeler
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
SMART A$$ :D :D

trust me, i have many more weaknesses than keyboard issues! one being proofreading.. that was supposed to say "no offense". thanks for pointing that out before it ticks anyone off too badly.

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

tbomb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4
al, i know what i said and i know what i typed. obviously it went right over your head. please stop trying to engage me in a fight. for the last few weeks youve been following me around the forums arguing with me and giving me an attitude that is certainly uncalled for. i dont know what your problem with me is, and at this point, quite frankly, i dont care. im the last person that wants to make enemies around here, and im sure that other people feel uncomfortable reading your posts which are negatively geared towards me. please just leave me alone. if you had a problem with something i posted here, then reply; if you dont understand something, then reply or email; if you hate me, then hate me, but keep it off the boards - youre embarassing yourself. and if julie disagrees with me, im sure she can fight for herself, without your help.